Heated Seat Kit - 17803282

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I can now verify at least one definite reason the seat heat controller is sitting on the GMLAN: When it is cold outside and I remote start the truck, the seat heaters ARE coming on automatically. Both sets of heaters on both seats come on at the high setting. I am not sure what temperature this will happen at, but it was @ 32 this morning and they were on when I came out. I did not remote start the truck since I installed this so I really have no idea yet how cold it has tobe before it does this. I also had the HVAC controls in 'auto'.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I am not a fan of heated seats normally (long story short, the kit was a gift and the tail end of an elaborate joke) but that seat upright heater on low is niiiiiiice! I was comfortable in the seat before but now I think I want to sleep there....

Thanks for the write-up and pictures. Makes it much easier to decide if I want to follow through with this.

Can you tell the color difference as much in person between the switch plate and your dash as you can on the picture? Or does the picture make it look like a much bigger difference than it is?

Thanks for the write-up and pictures. Makes it much easier to decide if I want to follow through with this.

Can you tell the color difference as much in person between the switch plate and your dash as you can on the picture? Or does the picture make it look like a much bigger difference than it is?

The camera flash high-lighted the shading difference. Under natural light I can barely tell the difference. If I use the map light on the passenger side I can see the difference but it still not as pronounced as it is in the picture. Since a camera flash is usually a zenon filled strobe tube, it is putting out a whiter (higher color temperature) light than natural light (camera people help me out here) and so is showing the color difference more. Think of a halogen light source since zenon is one of the halogen gasses.

The LED's in the switches are yellow and in any sort of light invisible to the driver. Kinda sucks. The passenger can see them clearly though. I have to lean over a bit to make sure I have them turned off or adjusted as I wanted them to be since I can not see the LED's. At night,the LED's are visible.

The camera flash high-lighted the shading difference. Under natural light I can barely tell the difference. If I use the map light on the passenger side I can see the difference but it still not as pronounced as it is in the picture. Since a camera flash is usually a zenon filled strobe tube, it is putting out a whiter (higher color temperature) light than natural light (camera people help me out here) and so is showing the color difference more. Think of a halogen light source since zenon is one of the halogen gasses.

The LED's in the switches are yellow and in any sort of light invisible to the driver. Kinda sucks. The passenger can see them clearly though. I have to lean over a bit to make sure I have them turned off or adjusted as I wanted them to be since I can not see the LED's. At night,the LED's are visible.

Just ordered this kit today....261.00 shipped to my door....cant wait to get them and get them installed!!!!

Ok, Ive driven the truck now in quite a few different lighting conditions. I would say that while the switch bezel is a different shade than the trim piece surrounding it, the bezel & switches matche the radio and HVAC controls. In other words the large dash trim piece is a lighter shade than everything else in the dash.

I had never noticed that before. I tend to keep more of an eye on the mud, cow sh**, and gravel building up on the floor than the dash. I gotta start keeping my boots in the back. My ol' 99 had a wider gap between the cab and bed and my boots sat in there nicely. Oh well...

I'm guessing this would work on my W/T

+1 I would also like to know this. When I checked out the kit, it said it was for 2008 and up. Just curious if anyone knows if this will fit 2007 nbs.

It is for 07's too. Assuming you have a GMT 900. We don't say nbs or nnbs on the site. Welcome by the way!

Archived