cyclone

cyclone

I think they discontinued it due to high cost, it contained alot of specialized parts (AWD, turb0-related stuff, body parts) that made it pretty expensive, I doubt that GM was making big $$$ off of them.  The engine and turbo setup itself was the same as the Buick Grand National setup, so that wasn't a big deal.  I think it went away when they quit making GNs.

Stock, I doubt it could beat a '01 Lightning, but there are TONS of mods for the turbo V6 that would easily put it in the 11s.

It's a shame that the GN, Syclone, Typhoon, etc are all discontinued now...

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

When the Syclones were hitting the streets they had one stat I remember most; "Zero to 60 in 5.5 seconds.....in the rain"

With the Syclones running 13.4 - 14.3 1/4 mile times out of the box, you could beat the current Lightining stock for stock.

Even mods, it didn't take very much to get these trucks into the 12's or 11's for that matter.

Guess it doesn't matter, I have seen one driving around here in the last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Syclone (not cyclone) & Typhoon were bad!  I almost bought a Typhoon used in 1996.  Parts are virtually impossible to find now.  The official page is at www.syty.org, but it's under construction right now.  They still have the old page up though, http://www.syty.org/old/

And yes, stock vs stock, the Syclone would beat a new Lightning.  Syclones & Typhoons were brutal on launch with the AWD.

Archived