New Ranch Hand Front Bumper

Hello everyone, I haven't posted in awhile so I thought I would give everyone an update. I just replaced my front and rear bumpers with Ranch Hands. This has given my truck a 100% black look (except for wheels). This was kind of a dramatic change for me and I am still unsure if I like it or not, so please give me your honest opinion good or bad. I appreciate it, John :D

ys68540.jpg

yC57830.jpg

CM91149.jpg

Thanks guys, I couldn't pass up the deal I got on these. I really like the rear bumper, but when I installed the front I was kinda thinking I went over that fine line of nice to gawdy. ???

As I told you on the other board, it looks awesome!

First of all, how do you mount a winch to that front guard?  And, I can't tell from the picture, but, is that your factory receiver hitch in the back, or is that part of the rear bumper?  Did it affect the rear any, did you have to lower it?  Just curious...   I want a bumber setup just like that with a winch and a grille guard!

Great find on ebay :D, I am eternally jealous! :D  

Looks totally different. Very good result. Now, you will only need a --->http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1325904&a=13868768&p=56169417&f=0

Doesn't your model have the front reciever hitch?  On next truck I a leaning toward the  Ranch hand Longhorn rear bumper with built in receiver hitch and front bumper with receiver hitch capability for the Warn Multi-Mount system or at least the semi-hidden that mounts on the frame behind the front bumper.

Quote from kaspar139, posted on Nov. 08 2001,11:08

As I told you on the other board, it looks awesome!

First of all, how do you mount a winch to that front guard?  And, I can't tell from the picture, but, is that your factory receiver hitch in the back, or is that part of the rear bumper?  Did it affect the rear any, did you have to lower it?  Just curious...   I want a bumber setup just like that with a winch and a grille guard!

Great find on ebay :D, I am eternally jealous! :D  

Yes that is the factory receiver hitch. It actually is hidden back about 3" from the edge of bumper. The bumper itself is an 8" drop with 1000lb tongue weight and 10,000lb towing rate. The bumper bolted right up to the existing frame holes and the receiver hitch remained at factory locations (never had to un-bolt).

The front bumper could have a winch bolted on top, or the best is a ramsey portable winch that actually fits in the 2" receiver. That way you could use it on the front or the rear, and store it out of the weather in a bed-mounted tool box.

I personally don't care for Ranchhand bumpers in general.  I think I've only seen one on a truck in the last 5 years and it looked awful (black bumper on white duramax dooley).  Just aren't popular in my area.  I won't be putting one on mine either.

But if I had no choice, I think they look the best on all black trucks.

Archived