Question: Dl8 To Dl3 Mirrors

Hello. New Member to the forum.. Mainly joined to find out about this thread and found that I can find a lot more that just this.. I have a 2010 GMC SLE that I am trying to add power folding mirrors to. I would like to have the folding capability once I get them added. I know I need to change out my switches to make it happen. I have purchased a 2008 module off ebay which has the folding switch on it but when I remove the one from my truck to change it out the connectors from the wiring harness are different and I can't use the 2008. I am wondering if GMC has a 2010 switch module for the SLE wiring harness.. Its hard to believe that GMC changes it wiring harness betweek the truck styles.

The switches for the 07-10 are the same. The difference in the harness is due to the type of dash. MOST true truck dashes do not have power fold, and have a different door harness. The luxury dash, with or without power fold has the type of harness that will work. For you to accomplish what you want, you need to swap both door harnesses for the luxury version. And don't forget that the modules have to be programmed, but I see you got a used one so you should be fine.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MS3DALE (Rich) and I have been working on this for my 2008 Sierra. We're planning to swap the wiring harnesses in my doors, but the ones I need are on national backorder. I'm going to try the driver's side first, and if it works, I'll do the passenger side, too. I already have a programmed switch for the driver's side...it's my understanding that the passenger side switch must also be programmed for the passenger side mirror to fold. I'll let you all know if it works should the harness come off of backorder.

MS3DALE (Rich) and I have been working on this for my 2008 Sierra. We're planning to swap the wiring harnesses in my doors, but the ones I need are on national backorder. I'm going to try the driver's side first, and if it works, I'll do the passenger side, too. I already have a programmed switch for the driver's side...it's my understanding that the passenger side switch must also be programmed for the passenger side mirror to fold. I'll let you all know if it works should the harness come off of backorder.

hey chris your are correct about having to reprogram the pass side switch. also make shure whoever you take it to to get reprogrammed also tells the pass switch to accept the reverse tilt option. when i got mine installed they reprogrammed the pass side to fold but didnt tell it accept the reverse tilt. so that was a big bummer.

• 2 months later...

My truck came with the power folding with signals and heat. I swapped them out for the towing style pull out mirrors. They will not stay still. I actually turned them off on the dic control. Do I need just to have the bcm reprogrammed? My oem were power folding but these are not. My truck is 07 ltz. Thanx...Tom

• 3 months later...

So if I don't want the power folding mirrors and just want the the integrate turn signals, is the wiring already there...is it just plug and play?

Just food for though, on another forum I am a member of, people that do mods take a ton of pictures and then post DIY (do it yourself) threads with the descriptions of how to do it. Maybe some that has a full working power folding and integrated folding mirrors could do this.

yes it is completely plug and play (power folding option excluded). the wiring, which is part of the mirror assembly, just plugs into your existing door switch panel. it's simply a matter of replacing your mirrors and plugging the wires on your new mirrors into your existing switch panel.

also, here is a very helpful thread (from GMFS) i used for the install: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93769

it's a how-to for replacing your door handles, but the first part of it can be followed for removing your door panel...which is required for upgrading mirrors the way i did (entire mirror assembly).

There is a set on craigslist for sale but for a silverado. I just want to confirm that the silverado mirrors will work with the GMC right?

Thanks

Yes they will work :lol:

There is a set on craigslist for sale but for a silverado. I just want to confirm that the silverado mirrors will work with the GMC right?

Thanks

Yes they will work :lol:

My Dl3 came from a 2010 tahoe

• 4 weeks later...

Recieved a nice bonus and now want to upgrade to DL3's w/ turn signals. I am looking at GM part direct and they are at a very good price for both. I wanted to confirm that the below part numbers are they entire mirror assembly though.

Can someone confirm these part numbers as being the DL3's w/ turn signals for a 2010 Sierra?

Thanks

Does the drivers mirror auto dim feature work plug and play? I had an '09 with the power fold mirrors, but they no longer offer those on the 2011 LT's. Mostly what my wife and I miss are the turn signals and auto dim driver mirror. I really didn't use the power fold feature so I wouldn't care if that worked.

Recieved a nice bonus and now want to upgrade to DL3's w/ turn signals. I am looking at GM part direct and they are at a very good price for both. I wanted to confirm that the below part numbers are they entire mirror assembly though.

Can someone confirm these part numbers as being the DL3's w/ turn signals for a 2010 Sierra?

Thanks

Yes,those are for an '09-'11 Silverado/Sierra with "paint to match" smooth mirror caps.

Archived