Crooked Cab???

Download the Tapatalk app. That's how I upload pictures and I think you can upload them even if they're bigger than 1mb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm getting closer! Now I just have to figure out why it's saying wrong format for my pics.fcd9ddcf38c5825160f721659842720b.jpg

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I'm getting closer! Now I just have to figure out why it's saying wrong format for my pics.fcd9ddcf38c5825160f721659842720b.jpg

Nevermind...got it. Lol

Yep. 36 months from 14 days ago. I was looking forward to possibly keeping it after the lease so I could play with it, but not if this is any indicator of things to come.

If this vehicle is being leased, I wouldn't worry about it.

Drive it the 3 years and turn it in. With no monetary loss involved you don't have much reason to care.

Yep. 36 months from 14 days ago. I was looking forward to possibly keeping it after the lease so I could play with it, but not if this is any indicator of things to come.

I never did understand the lease now, buy later plan.

• Like 1

I still don't understand the number of late model vehicles apparently driven by customers in the parking lot at the "payroll advance-check cashing" place on a Friday night. Perhaps it's just another indicator that the public education system has failed?

• Like 1

I still don't understand the number of late model vehicles apparently driven by customers in the parking lot at the "payroll advance-check cashing" place on a Friday night. Perhaps it's just another indicator that the public education system has failed?

Something's failed. Seems so at a genetic level these days.

Just like when you see people with those big ass ghetto looking rims, some of those are actually on finance or loan so they have to give it back. I personally don't understand leasing because you're paying towards nothing, just like if you rent a house. Some people just always need the latest thing so they think they need to get a new vehicle every 2-3 years.

I for one could give a crap if the my bed/cab side alignment was 3/4" out of whack so long as it rode straight and didn't rattle; wouldn't be foolish enough to bring it to a dealer to unbolt the bed and then screw something up.

That being said I don't know what is crazier, complaining about an alignment by eyeballing it or me being crazy enough to measure something I don't give a crap about and wouldn't do anything about anyway?

Optical illusions can be deceiving. Seems the only proper way to measure is not with your eyeball and a ruler, but to tape and tightly stretch a string across the cab-bed gap and measure the distance at the points where the string contacts or departs from the cab and bed. Using this method my cab is 1/8" wider on the driver's side and the cab is 1/16" wider on the passenger side. Eyeballing it using a ruler for reference showed the bed 3/4" out of alignment on both passenger and driver's sides. So it appears my cab is 3/16" wider than the bed. What now go to the dealer and ask for a narrower cab or a wider bed?????

post-156616-0-29284000-1501028188_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-36811700-1501028198_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-60078000-1501028208_thumb.jpg

post-156616-0-58930900-1501028456_thumb.jpg

Shoot Thomcat lets get a control subject group of maybe a 100 followers on this thread to test and post results. Note: my old eyes barely even see a 1/16" mark on a tape measure anymore. Please list out the proper test steps and where to measure. I will go next once I get the procedure down. I wonder if a laser pointer would work for this.......string sounds like a lot of effort LOL

Shoot Thomcat lets get a control subject group of maybe a 100 followers on this thread to test and post results. Note: my old eyes barely even see a 1/16" mark on a tape measure anymore. Please list out the proper test steps and where to measure. I will go next once I get the procedure down. I wonder if a laser pointer would work for this.......string sounds like a lot of effort LOL

Auto leveling laser and transit used for surveying ground. Should do the job.

It's not my first choice. I'd be driving the 2500 Midnight Edition I test drove if I could swing it at the moment, but they won't lease an HD, and I can't do a car payment of over 800 bucks a month right now. Too many other expenses right now. Three years from now, I may be able to get the 3/4 ton. It would definitely be better for my camper. But on the chance I still can't do 800 a month, it would be cheaper to buy my current truck. It's like buying used, only I know the oil has been changed, and the fenders haven't been caved in on it before I bought it. I don't really want to be stuck leasing for eternity, so at some point I have to bite the bullet and buy.

I for one could give a crap if the my bed/cab side alignment was 3/4" out of whack so long as it rode straight and didn't rattle; wouldn't be foolish enough to bring it to a dealer to unbolt the bed and then screw something up.

That being said I don't know what is crazier, complaining about an alignment by eyeballing it or me being crazy enough to measure something I don't give a crap about and wouldn't do anything about anyway?

Optical illusions can be deceiving. Seems the only proper way to measure is not with your eyeball and a ruler, but to tape and tightly stretch a string across the cab-bed gap and measure the distance at the points where the string contacts or departs from the cab and bed. Using this method my cab is 1/8" wider on the driver's side and the cab is 1/16" wider on the passenger side. Eyeballing it using a ruler for reference showed the bed 3/4" out of alignment on both passenger and driver's sides. So it appears my cab is 3/16" wider than the bed. What now go to the dealer and ask for a narrower cab or a wider bed?????

I'm aware that the cab is wider than the bed. I realize it's going to stick out a little beyond the bed. I don't think I'm crazy for expecting the difference to be split evenly, and not ALL sticking out of one side of a $51k truck when it rolls out of the showroom. It's horse sh*t quality control right from the factory. I'd like my brand new truck to be right until I do something to mess it up. Maybe it's more obvious because of the color, but it jumps out at you without even looking.

So Nissan isn't the only one that doesn't align their beds to the cab? I work at a Nissan dealership. And every single 2017 titan that has came in, has had issues like this. The passenger side, the cab sticks out almost an inch. Looks terrible. And doesn't matter if you buy the base work truck or the fully loaded platinum cummins, they are all like that. I'm not sure what the fix is, I would assume there may possibly be a slight adjustment that can be made. I would bring the truck to the dealer and show them, and while your there look at other trucks and see if they have the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1