2014 Silverado 6.2 no start

Hi guys New to the forum and looking for some help. I bought a 2014 Silverado with the 6.2l that had a 4 inch hole on the passenger side of the block n went on to replace the engine only to have it crank over and not start. Plugged I'm my scan tool and it says I've lost communion with my fpcm. So I replaced that and still not hearing the fuel pump run our getting pressure. Just wondering what steps I have to take to test the fuel pump? I've checked every fuse and double checked that I've hooked up every sensor and still nothing. 

20171107_102941.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got it programmed. Ended up with water being in the fuse box causing a short with no power going to the module (truck had a hard life as I bought it as a repo) got it to fire and now saying I have no communication from throttle body to gas pedal sensor so it's in reduced power mode. Back to the drawing board!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the truck up and running problem was I had a code for the fuel pressure sensor(low). After much researching and talking to the dealer and gm. The problem was found out that the junk yard sold me a engine out of a 17 and not a 15 like they said. So that being said...14-16 use a 3 wire pressure sensor. And 17+ use a 4 wire sensor. Changed out the push and added a wire to the computer. And magic finally happened. All this struggling for a month and it all came down to one stupid wire! Crazy

Archived