Any Of The Fuel Saving Hype True

Hey everyone this is my first post. I have a 05 2500hd silverado with the 6.0 first two tanks are somewhere around 10mpg. I'm wondering what kind of results people see from things like the tornado or a cold air or exhaust. I am only conerned with mpg the truck has all the power my insurance premium needs. thanks alot

Don't waste any money on a Tornado or a throttle body spacer. If your truck hasn't had plugs and wires you might see about that. May or may not be time for them. A good aftermarket tune would be a good thing to try also. You can get a little more performance out of the engine and the transmission shifts can be tailored for the way you drive. One suggestion is to look look through the forum at all the people that have had Black Bear Performance tunes done and how pleased they are. You can also check into Wheatley tunes, and if you're into a handheld tuner, Diablo Sport gets good reviews here as well

How many miles on your truck?

Welcome BTW. :)

Black Bear's website

Link to Black Bear forum

Don't waste any money on a Tornado or a throttle body spacer. If your truck hasn't had plugs and wires you might see about that. May or may not be time for them. A good aftermarket tune would be a good thing to try also. You can get a little more performance out of the engine and the transmission shifts can be tailored for the way you drive. One suggestion is to look look through the forum at all the people that have had Black Bear Performance tunes done and how pleased they are.

How many miles on your truck?

Welcome BTW. :)

How effective are tunes on higher mileage vehicles??

I can't say for certain. That would be a good question to ask Justin with BBP. I've got 78+k on mine and it performs great. Your throttle will be more responsive. The transmission tune is one thing you'll notice along with removing the torque management. If you're asking about your truck 93k is still nothing for these engines. A tune would be make a difference.

Of course if you had a worn out powertrain, I'd think your results might not be as great for some obvious reasons. But it would be a good thing to have Justin or someone else chime in about.

Archived