2010 Usb

There is another discussion about IPODs on this forum but for now lets stay focused on getting the right hardware. I stopped by my dealer and talked with a very helpful parts guy. When I first mentioned it he thought I was on crack, but I showed him the picture and got him curious. This is what we found out...

The part number for the USB port is 25966008 -but I tired it out and it does not come up in GMpartsdirect yet.

The part number for the USB data cable is 20828635 - also not coming up. It appeared this cable might plug into another module before the radio but it wasn't clear and a long line was building behind me. It would make sense these trucks have a module similar to a uPac29 that communicates with the radio via 29-bit LAN bus. The next step is to talk to a service guy and see if they can shed anymore light on this... :tumbleweed:

Both parts come up in gmpartsdirect.com for around 17 bucks each plus shipping

That they do.

What it sounds like we need is for someone with a 2010 truck that is willing to take the dash apart and look for us to see what's in there. That, or maybe I'll have to go to Enterprise and rent a 2010 Silverado for a day just to take it apart and steal the parts... I mean see what's in there :lol::lol:

Actually, that might not be a bad idea; use borrowed parts to see if this will integrate easily into an older GMT900 before trying to track down said parts for purchase....

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'd definately give up my right-hand power outlet for this mod...if it can be done. You would probably run into issues with the Tech 2 having to re-program your head unit, which unless the dealer is your friend, they are not usually receptive to getting the necessary 'data codes' from GM Engineering/Techline to attempt.......that is, unless there is a specific GM upgrade for it in the future, which if the Bluetooth fiasco is any indication, will probably never happen.

There is another discussion about IPODs on this forum but for now lets stay focused on getting the right hardware. I stopped by my dealer and talked with a very helpful parts guy. When I first mentioned it he thought I was on crack, but I showed him the picture and got him curious. This is what we found out...

The part number for the USB port is 25966008 -but I tired it out and it does not come up in GMpartsdirect yet.

The part number for the USB data cable is 20828635 - also not coming up. It appeared this cable might plug into another module before the radio but it wasn't clear and a long line was building behind me. It would make sense these trucks have a module similar to a uPac29 that communicates with the radio via 29-bit LAN bus. The next step is to talk to a service guy and see if they can shed anymore light on this... :tumbleweed:

Oh I see I was trying to look it up in the parts catalog and not just a general part number search... :lol:

That they do.

What it sounds like we need is for someone with a 2010 truck that is willing to take the dash apart and look for us to see what's in there. That, or maybe I'll have to go to Enterprise and rent a 2010 Silverado for a day just to take it apart and steal the parts... I mean see what's in there :lol::D

Actually, that might not be a bad idea; use borrowed parts to see if this will integrate easily into an older GMT900 before trying to track down said parts for purchase....

That they do.

What it sounds like we need is for someone with a 2010 truck that is willing to take the dash apart and look for us to see what's in there. That, or maybe I'll have to go to Enterprise and rent a 2010 Silverado for a day just to take it apart and steal the parts... I mean see what's in there :lol::lol:

I know of a mod here that has a 2010 with a USB port. Took him 2 months to get it! :D

Im not volunteering to be the guinia pig to find out how it works. This is about as far as I will go :tumbleweed:

You guys are on your own :lol:

Also personally I would rather it be in the center console, its out of the way and not cluttered all over the cab.

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00938.JPG

DSC00938.JPG

Again, If anyone has GM's ear, Why dont they pull their head out and make these kits available for the older trucks. I find it hard to believe GM wont assist its customers, post vehicle sale, and supply Bluetooth or USB.

I might just go ahead and order the parts to see where they plug in.

• 2 weeks later...
Not all 2010 trucks have USB i have the 2010 Nevada Edition and i do not have it. And i have the regular cd/mp3 with aux port radio.

Same here.... 2010 Nevada Edition... cd/mp3/aux... no USB port.... maybe since the Nevada Edition is just a optioned 1SF SL model that it doesn't have it... it's a step down from a SLE and a step up from the WT....maybe the USB comes standard on SLE and up?

:puke:

Im not volunteering to be the guinia pig to find out how it works. This is about as far as I will go :puke:

You guys are on your own :cheers:

Also personally I would rather it be in the center console, its out of the way and not cluttered all over the cab.

Take 1 for the team.

There's no I in team.

<insert other cliche>

lol

I'd love to have a USB port, maybe use the center console cable and put it in the upper glove box. Patent pending. Just kidding.

Archived