2010 Usb

Yes these are for the base truck with folding center console (6-pass). I don't have the part number for the center console port and cable. Sorry...

Sounds like someone should summon Rich (MS3DALE) :confused:

You are right but I hate to bother him. Seems like he exists to answer questions here without any compensation. I know that feeling. :lol: BTW, the parts for the base interior are not currently available through GM distribution according to mylocal dealership. Of course, neither was an under seat storage bin for m extended cab! :D

Ouch! That sucks :crazy:

At least from what it looks like you could just go buy a generic USB cable and route it into your console temporarily. That's better than nothing.

You might end up having to try ordering from gmpartsdirect or some other supplier if your dealer can't get them out of GMSPO.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The port and cable is the easy part, the radio on the other hand is a different story. However I just tried GMPartsdirect.com and wholla its comming up for $197.96 and $43.00 shipping. :D P/N again is: 20918430, heres a link...

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

Yup, went there and the "radio" is $197.96, but I'm not sure of that part number.

In the above post the p/n is 20918430 which is $1361.36

$1361.36???? :rolleyes: Holy crap batman where are you getting this from?

Whoops my bad. :lol:

What radio is p/n 20918430?

Gm Parts Direct number 25966513 is $1361.36, which is the head unit shown a couple of pages back in this thread.

I just got a 2010 Escalade and it has the USB port in the center glove box, the iPod/iPhone works great with the steering wheel controls, but the big bonus is that the Nav is able to be programmed while driving, unlike my other Escalades that you needed a lock pick of some kind to do that, or pull over and put it in park. Took a lot of years but they got it right. :rolleyes:

I just got a 2010 Escalade and it has the USB port in the center glove box, the iPod/iPhone works great with the steering wheel controls, but the big bonus is that the Nav is able to be programmed while driving, unlike my other Escalades that you needed a lock pick of some kind to do that, or pull over and put it in park. Took a lot of years but they got it right. :rolleyes:

???? I have a '10 Yukon Denali and i haven't tried to do it yet but are you saying you can program destinations while moving? I know you can select from a list, but not punch in addresses? Please clarify. I'm pretty confident you stil do not have total control while in motion.

My USB port works throught he sterring wheel controls as well.. Pretty cool, i didn't even think about the USB with my 08 or 09.. Kudos GM!

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here, just a curious reader, I love this forum, lots of useful information and talented users! I'm just wondering how come you guys are not putting in a aftermarket dvd, nav, I-pod system, like alpine or some other name brands? Seems like yall are going to great lengths to put a factory unit in. I think that its cool that your wanting to upgrade, but it just seems that it would be easier to buy an aftermarket, I have no experince with nav or dvd units, but I have put in alpines with I-pod and usb connections and it was simple plug and play with better results than my factory units. Are you just wanting to stay with factory looks or has GM really improved on the factory head units from yesteryears?

???? I have a '10 Yukon Denali and i haven't tried to do it yet but are you saying you can program destinations while moving? I know you can select from a list, but not punch in addresses? Please clarify. I'm pretty confident you stil do not have total control while in motion.

My USB port works throught he sterring wheel controls as well.. Pretty cool, i didn't even think about the USB with my 08 or 09.. Kudos GM!

Tony, that is what I am saying, you can fully program and punch in addresses on the fly, I thought I was dreaming when I tried it and it worked, and has worked everyday. Went into Nav config, pressed the bar that says something like "use while driving" (I have pressed this on my 07's, 08 and 09' and it does nothing, had to buy aftermarket lock pick to get that to program while driving) and then tried it and it worked, and everyday since then, didn't think this was allowed on American cars, my Euro cars can be programmed while driving but not my GM cars/trucks until now. :lol:

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here, just a curious reader, I love this forum, lots of useful information and talented users! I'm just wondering how come you guys are not putting in a aftermarket dvd, nav, I-pod system, like alpine or some other name brands? Seems like yall are going to great lengths to put a factory unit in. I think that its cool that your wanting to upgrade, but it just seems that it would be easier to buy an aftermarket, I have no experince with nav or dvd units, but I have put in alpines with I-pod and usb connections and it was simple plug and play with better results than my factory units. Are you just wanting to stay with factory looks or has GM really improved on the factory head units from yesteryears?

Your point is well taken and I had an Alpine in my 2002 Silverado. The biggest feature I don't see many aftermarkets offering is SCV (Speed Control Volume). I like this feature and missed it when I had my Alpine. I also read many comments about fit, color and the amount of peripherals needed to get steering wheel control, XM and On star working. I really don't care about On* but the other's I do IMHO!! GM is on the right track with this, they just need to stop holding out in an effort to get us to buy their new trucks with these features!!!

You are correct the aftermarket units have many more options and much cheaper.

Personally, I like the simplicity and integration of the OEM. Sure, sound is not as quite as good as an aftermarket setup but the fit and finish plus reliability are way beyond the aftermarket options. Besides, with all the exposure to gunfire, loud machinery and racecars througout my life, my hearing aint what it used to be! :rolleyes: This truck is my 15th street driven vehicle in 30 years and will be only the second one that will remain functionally mostly stock. My 07 Denali was the first and I loved how everything always worked and stayed put. It started every time. No trim pieces ever rattled or came loose. It was 100% reliable and if I ever had a problem, I could count on the dealer network to fix it without hassling me about modifications screwing something up. I almost always sell everything when the warranty runs out. Maybe my tastes are getting simpler as I get older but the days of whine and song (superchargers and megawatt stereos) are just a distant memory. Or maybe the performance and features of the new vehicles more closely match my needs. Either way, I'm getting too old to screw around with headaches. I just want to turn the key and drive. So what if the factory does not offer the latest automatic butt wiper. I managed to live without it for this long. I'm sure I can wait until this truck gets traded.

That is interesting. 2006 model still had the ability to input addresses in motion. 2002-9 did not. I wonder what changed their minds on the 2010? The LockPick is still needed for video in motion, I am assuming.

You are correct the aftermarket units have many more options and much cheaper.

There are pros and cons to both factory and aftermarket systems; I think the biggest thing many of us who are going with factory systems are attracted to is that we like things to still appear factory installed/original equipment.

I've found in the past that having aftermarket stereo equipment can attract the attention of riff-raff, while they won't mess with even the most expensive of factory units. The way I look at it is, I'd rather spend a bit more and stick to OE headunits if I can get the added features and functions that I want than go aftermarket and get my truck broken into.

Plus at resale time it's nice being able to say that features were added with genuine GM parts -- some people shy away from used vehicles that have aftermarket stuff on them, but probably will be fine with upgraded factory equipment.

My '10 Sierra has the USB port in the dash (truck style dash - it's in one of the power points under the HVAC controls). From reading here my understanding is that it's just a simple mini USB plug that plugs into the back of the stereo.

So, would it be as simple as getting some sort of USB splitter or hub and running a couple USB cords with the correct connectors (male/female) to the glovebox and the center armrest/storage (I've got the front bench) if you wanted to add more options on where to connect devices? I don't use portable music players that often, but when I do it'd be nice to be able to connect it in the glove box or center armrest/storage area out of sight instead of having the cord and player visible when plugged into the dash.

FYI:

I called a dealership about a non-navigation, non-bose, mp3 CD AM/FM with USB... I looked up a truck that had the stereo with USB in the dash, and used the VIN number when I called the dealer.

Part number for stereo (which the dealer confirmed could not be purheased at retail): 25966515 its listed on GM Parts Direct for 249.44, retail is 399.76, which matches the price the dealer gave, even though I could not pay that price and take home a stereo.

Parts list for a truck without navigation, without Bose, with CD, with MP3, with Onstar, with AM/FM, and wants to add the USB would be.

25966008 Port

20828635 Cable

25966515 Stereo

So for about 300.00 dollars it could be done (if there are no problems buying the stereo).

Archived