Is This A Sneak Peak Of The Next Gen Sierra?

Zane

Lately GM's bumpers (the other makes as well?) are getting lower w/ each model redesign, is this due to gov't safety standards? There was some whing by the IIHS testing SUVs & cars from each OEM & demonstrating the differences in bumper heights & the damage/cost related to a collision.

The reason I say this, I think the sheet metal may see production, but the bumper is doubtful IMO.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think bumper height has more to do with aerodynamics then anything

This is why. There was some study announced recently by one of the auto safety groups that made the ground breaking discovery that when a SUV/truck hits a conventional car, it does more damage than a car vs. car accident (go figure :thumbs:). It didn't say anything about overall safety in these crashes but with crash technology what it is today, I'd say in most instances a fullsize car is probably just as safe to crash in, though it will probably end up with more damage (perfectly ok by me if I can still walk away). Still not sold on small car safety, even against another car. Go to youtube and search Mercedes vs. Smart car for why.

Overall I like it, but I highly doubt that front bumper (or lack thereof) will make it into production.

I'm also not digging the inside of the bed. The hour-glass shape and the fact that it appears to be 100% plastic. Reminds me of when the Avalaches first came out and the majority of people hated the extra cladding.

IDK, I will be in the market for a new truck in 3 years...so we will see what I get. I like where they are going with this but i highly doubt it will EVER see production. That would have horrible MPG and GM would never release it. Sad.

• 2 weeks later...

That is as much of a production truck as the ZR2 concept from last year was. Not gonna happen.

Besides, it's mostly a GMT900 with a few light tweaks. K2 will be a farther cry from the GMT900 than this I would think.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived