4 High Mod

Yes I have used the search function and I know how to do the 4 high mod for my 2000 silverado. But instead of pulling the fuse box and cutting the wires, can I tap into the yellow wire on each headlight before the connector and ground it. Instead of cutting and soldering I was just wondering will the wire taps work?

Thanks

Brandon

Yep it is a headlight mod. It will keep the low beams on while the high beams are on.For 99-02 you just need to tap into the yellow wire on each headlight and ground it. For 03-06 there is a different method however, it involves a diode in the fuse box.

03-06 mod with diode..

post-9930-1296862449_thumb.jpg

Yep it is a headlight mod. It will keep the low beams on while the high beams are on.For 99-02 you just need to tap into the yellow wire on each headlight and ground it. For 03-06 there is a different method however, it involves a diode in the fuse box.

03-06 mod with diode..

Anyone have a picture of what this looks like on the truck when completed? Im looking for what the fuse box looks like, not the headlights. :shakehead:

Also, what kind of diode do I need, and what a common place to get it?

do i actually fully cut off the wire or just run a ground wire off of it? sounds easy enough

Archived