How Rare Are The Gmc Quadrasteers

• 1 year later...

I've got a 2003 Chevy 1500HD q-steer 4x4. Victory Red with 161k on it. I did have a failure on the rear steering motor (electric motor) at around 120k miles. It took me 6 months and $690 to get a new one. The new motor bolted on easy and used a simple pigtail connection after that she was back to full strength. I'm pretty certain I would have had a new truck by now if they still offered the quardrasteer... it's that great to drive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just learned yesterday that Quadrasteer was offered on the Yukon & Yukon XL.

That has to be rarer??

Not on the Yukon, only on the Yukon XL 2500 version. Yes they are rare.

• Like 1

I picked up a 1 owner 2002 extended cab silverado ls 4x4 last month. It was garage keep and extremely clean. My fiancee loves driving it. I do wish it was a LT. I wanted a 5.3 and low miles and most seem to have been in 6.0 trucks and seem to have a lot of miles. Here's a lousy picture.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

218a18b7fa2947be8c5d598f37c91330.jpg

Edited by pajeepman

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 03 silverado qs its not a denali its is the Lt trim model. Have had it for around 5 years now and never had a single problem out of it. Not buying a new truck, gonna maintain this one for the long haul. Its going in my shop this winter and getting the frame done with rust converter and paint and the sheet metal in the bed is being removed and in welding in 1/4 plate for the bed and 18g for the sides. Plus lots of little things like new vinyl for the seats and so on. CANT WAIT! 

• 2 months later...

i have no idea how many were made but you’re correct, i have a 2003 Sierra SLT, i inherited it from my grandfather and my 4WS still works fine. i’ve heard that people’s have stopped working  

I picked up a 1 owner 2002 extended cab silverado ls 4x4 last month. It was garage keep and extremely clean. My fiancee loves driving it. I do wish it was a LT. I wanted a 5.3 and low miles and most seem to have been in 6.0 trucks and seem to have a lot of miles. Here's a lousy picture. It does not look that bad, impact was outside of frame rail. Hood, fender, bumper, grille, lights, and rad support got bent back. Age and that it has over 100,000 miles is why they said it will probably be totalled.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

218a18b7fa2947be8c5d598f37c91330.jpg

It was mint condition until yesterday, probably gonna get totalled by insurance company. Only has 101,000 on it. Not a good day yesterday. Hoping insurance companies realize that a low milage quadrasteer will sell for much more than KBB would suggest. If anybody knows of any lower milage ones for sale, please pm me.53139ee4dac66008c762cd37630b36fb.jpg74044ad9b8b245444deff877d299c32f.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Unless that front wheel has been pushed back, I would fix that.  Grill, hood, fender, bumper, maybe radiator support, and it's good as new.

I had similar damage on a '97 f150, replaced all the bits over some time from local junkyards as I found good bits with the right color code, and afterwards, only way you could tell something was off was the 1" pinstripe on the front fender wasn't lined up with the rest of the truck, and the grille was from a different model year.