2005, 2500 Silverado Runs Hot Only When Ac Is On While On The Highway.

I live in Florida and it is now summer. I have noticed my truck is running hot, up around 210 if I let it, when I have the ac running and I'm doing 70 mph on the highway. Once I turn off the ac it will slowly cool down while even while maintaining the same speed. I was going to replace the thermostat, but before I do I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I've looked through other forum discussions I just haven't seen anything exactly like this. Also this is with out pulling anything, just a truck. Thanks.

I live in Florida and it is now summer. I have noticed my truck is running hot, up around 210 if I let it, when I have the ac running and I'm doing 70 mph on the highway. Once I turn off the ac it will slowly cool down while even while maintaining the same speed. I was going to replace the thermostat, but before I do I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I've looked through other forum discussions I just haven't seen anything exactly like this. Also this is with out pulling anything, just a truck. Thanks.

Can you hear the fan engaged? There is lots of talk about the lly's and changing out the mouth piece. I would look into http://www.alligatorperformance.com/466002...max-p-3991.html

lots of info about this on duramaxforum and dieselplace.

210 isn't close to hot. My 08 is always on the 210 mark.

Mark

I havehad the truck for about 4 years and have never had it get that warm before. I have read that they are designed to run between 180-210 degrees. If it maintained a temperature right now I wouldn't be as concerned, but I don't like how it fluctuates so much.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived