1500 tow mirrors

Knepp1bj

been seeing a lot of brand new F150s around my area lately with tow mirrors....

wonder why you dont see a lot of 1500 chevys with them?

if you have a new style 1500 with tow mirrors post a picture. are these not very common for chevys or do they just look odd?

they look good on the fords

I agree, some trucks look good... some dont with them. I think the trucks that look good are the ones with bigger tires, and/or lifted trucks. I use the slip on style and they work great in my opinion for the occasional tow. If your towing all the time, I'd suggest the OEM style, but if your only towing occasionally, then I'd suggest these...

http://www.ebay.com/...ssories&vxp=mtr

They snap on and they fit like they belong and not just stuck on. :thumbs:

Looks wasn't a concern when I swapped. I was looking for functionality because that is more important than looks to me.

Agreed. I tow 30ft of trailer and they are perfect.

See my signature pic. I like the DL3's but every time I consider taking these off they prove useful again. I do tow a boat all summer and a large sled trailer all winter in addition to alot of Misc stuff.

mine tows several boats and they help. I hated them at first but you can literally see everything. no blind spot at all. driving my dad's yukon its hard because he has the regular mirrors. they grow on you looks wise. and my truck is going to be slightly lifted soon enough. I don't think i'll drive a truck without them

I have them on my 2011 1500 ext cab and am getting used to them. They block some view until you get familiar with them but the dual mirrors really work whether pulling a trailer or not. I pull a trailer in the summer taking my 1942 Farmall H to the local tractor shows and then I pull a trailer to all the local football games for the high school.

Karl

• 4 weeks later...

Can you guys possibly point me in the right direction on which aftermarket extended mirrors to get ..I been searching ebay and tthey have a bunch but I really dont want to buy a POS if possible....let me know your thoughts thanks.

Archived