Air conditioned seat kit?

Hey guys, my boss just told me today he ordered a truck with the cooled (or AC, not sure how it works) option, anyone know if you can get a kit or something to do it in an 07? I know you can get warmers so I figured its worth a shot to ask

it's not the air conditioning, it is cooled. I've looked in to this, in 2009 is was an available option on the Sierra Denali.

It uses a Peltier effect (heat exchage using thermoelectrics) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

I know the option from the factory requires perforated leather seats. It appears that if you can find a set of seats the swap can be done in to a GMT-900, but there is no "kit" to add it on and I could not find enough information to build a kit on my own as an aftermarket solution.

How did people ever survive driving trucks without air conditioning, no power windows, locks or seats, with bench vinyl seats, rubber floor mat, AM radio, and manual transmissions?

easy roll down the window, to cool off, open the door for your girl friend, and the seats are just fine in cloth . I prefer the rubber floor over the carpet one. My truck is manual windows , no power locks but has air conditioning and cruise control and is a 5 speed manual. The only thing I find is annoying sometimes is finding the key hole in the night to open the door.

How did people ever survive driving trucks without air conditioning, no power windows, locks or seats, with bench vinyl seats, rubber floor mat, AM radio, and manual transmissions?

easy roll down the window, to cool off, open the door for your girl friend, and the seats are just fine in cloth . I prefer the rubber floor over the carpet one. My truck is manual windows , no power locks but has air conditioning and cruise control and is a 5 speed manual. The only thing I find is annoying sometimes is finding the key hole in the night to open the door.

Time to buy a key fob flashlight and your simple life will be complete! :lol:

You have a radio?

Archived