Any new GM dealers?

I still see a lot of vacant dealers that were either Chevy or GM in the NY/NJ area. It is quite depressing. Has anyone seen any GM dealers open back up or any new dealers built?

Have not seen any dealers go tits up in alberta or BC. Maybe there was to many in your area.

GM closed underperorming dealers. If they are closed they didn't sell enough units, got low CSI scores, Or both.

One closed by my house - those guys were outright theives.....

I saw on the news a month or so ago that GM had reached an agreement w/ its US dealers to "refurbish" their locations. I think the dealers in Canada were ahead of that. I've seen some dealerships in the US that looked like they hadn't changed since the 40s.

I saw on the news a month or so ago that GM had reached an agreement w/ its US dealers to "refurbish" their locations. I think the dealers in Canada were ahead of that. I've seen some dealerships in the US that looked like they hadn't changed since the 40s.

I always liked doing business with dealerships in older buildings; usually meant they had paid for the place, established a good rep, and carried less overhead (no mortgage). Parker-Robb, Walnut Creek, CA (gone); Fitzpatrick, Concord, CA (gone); Woodard, Fairfield, CA (sold to a chain owner who couldn't care less about GM or its' products).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched a show the other day on either A&E or Discovery about an old time dealer in NJ that was shut down initially, then they got their dealership back a year later. Don't recall the name or town, but it has been in business 64 years.

No New Dealers here in Tennessee, BUT, Garland Buick-GMC sold their Franchise to Alexander Chevy, so now All of our GM Products are under ONE Roof! (Still have to go to either Clarksville or Nashville for your Cadillac needs)

This is what happened back in NH, to some degree even before the crap hit the fan in 2008. Bigger dealers scooped up the smaller ones and consolidated into a massive all in one GM dealer.

Archived