1500 with 6.2 or 2500 Duramax 6.6?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though this is old why not...

Ive owned both, i actually just traded in my duramax for this denali. If youve got the money to spend on a duramax then id say your way better off.

Better mileage, more uses, and the motor will outlast anything on the market. The only reason i didnt go with a newer duramax was because of the price. I just couldnt justify 45k+ on a new truck!

So has anyone lined up a 6.2 and a duramax yet?..I'm sure if both are bone stock and no load that the 6.2 would kill the diesel ..but the duramax will out tow the gasser every time. I have drove a couple of duramax trucks and wasn't that impressed when I pushed the loud pedal to the floor..I'm sure a tune would change that :)

Yes i actually raced a chip duramax i believe he had the edge 6 pack in it he had it on 5 when we raced and the first time with traction control on i beat him the second time w/o traction control on all i did was smoke the tires but only lost by half a pickup length and start pulling him at about 95mph but at 98mph i governed out

Archived