Any time I use the power lumbar in the truck the fuse that controls the lighter and the door locks and the lumbar blows. As long as I dont touch the lumbar button it will stay good but as soon as I pump up the lumbar it blows. Any ideas? Not a huge deal, I dont use the lumbar alot but I would like it to be correct. I guess I could just disconnect the lumbar?

Try unplugging the lumbar motor and see if it still blows fuses. If it doesn't blow fuses now, it was the motor, if it still blows the fuse, look for a relay for the lumbar motor. Unplug the relay and see if it still blows fuses. If it still does, then trace wiring from switch to relay.

I am assuming it has a relay for this, if it does not, then it is a whole lot easier to trace the problem. Just remember, it only blows a fuse when the switch is used, so no need to trace wire before the switch, only after.

Unplugged the motor and the fuse does not blow any longer. So the fuse only blows when you push the button and the truck is running. If it is off and you use it then its all fine. Should I be looking for a wire causing this?

Unplugged the motor and the fuse does not blow any longer. So the fuse only blows when you push the button and the truck is running. If it is off and you use it then its all fine. Should I be looking for a wire causing this?

I am confused. Are you saying that if the truck is not running, and the key is not in the ign, and you have already opened the door to shut the power off, it does not blow fuses? If so, that would be expected. No power will be applied if the truck is shut off and you have made sure the retained power thing has timed out. I think you will find the motor has issues.

Looks like I have found it. The wiring harness had a naked wire showing and it looked like it was grounding out on the seat frame. Covered it with some electric tape for now and it seems to be just fine. Thanks for your guys help!

Archived