2" Rough Country Leveling "Headlights"

I'm installing a 2" rough country leveling kit finally, and have seen some mentions about adjusting headlights after the install. I was wondering how many actually do this, and if it is really necessary? I could imagine the headlights may be pointing a little higher, but I wasn't sure if the adjustment is worth the time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Its just requires a Phillips head screwdriver, and you turn a screw on top of the housing. Very easy to do. I gave mine I think 3 turns after doing mine. But I know some people who havent touched theirs.

Yup, I one of them. I've been lazy and even had my wife drive at me and drive in front of my truck and said the head lights weren't any brighter than before the level kit. That and I only went up about 2 inches so no drastic change in lighting angles.

the headlights on the 2003-2007.5 style trucks are extremely bright stock, i have a 3" level and it was shining directly into oncoming traffic's eyes and people in fronts mirrors. had to adjust down

same as everyone else here. ive had my leveling kit about 6 or 7 months and havent adjusted the headlights. i cant tell a difference in lighting and the only complaints i ever get about it is when im driving directly behind someone i know in a small car :lol:

I did the rancho quicklift and had to lower my lights. I was behind someone about a car length or so and it was shining in their rearview window. Lowered them a decent amount and people still flash me. I'm not going to adjust them anymore, so when I get flashed I flash my high beams to basically tell them "stop bitching" :D

I had a 2008 and got flashed all of the time. I now have a 2010 and have the same RC leveling kit on it and havent been flashed once.

Archived