HELP I need new tires. Recommendations.

Darthmalo

Please help I need new tires for my truck. I thinking on get the BF Rugged Terrain but I read some bad reviews. My truck is 2WD and I only drive in the City and Highway. I want a good tire with good traction in the snow. Any recommendations.

If you don't mind buying additional tires. I'd look into getting good set of both highway tires and also a set of agressive snow tires and switch as needed. Best of both worlds then. As to a specific brand, you have as many options as we have opinions. Me I have Mastercraft Courser AT2s that have been awesome in all roads (and conditions) traveled thus far. They also make a highway tread that has great wet road traction...got to try a set for a day when shop screwed up and put wrong tires on my truck. What is your price range you want to stay in? That will be a big factor as prices vary A LOT.

firestone destination AT's. i have them in 285 and they are a great performing tire off road and the have shown very little wear after 9000 miles.

Thats what Im running now. They worked fairly good last winter. We didnt see a ton of snow though. But in a 2wd truck, I'd maybe go with what was posted above. A set of true winters and all seasons. Or get a tire that is snow flake rated, like the General AT2 or Duratracs.

I had the duratracs they seem to wear decent and worked good in the snow. ride was a little harsh. I think if you are going to keep this truck for a while two sets of tires wheels would be the answer. the summer tires will give you a better ride.

firestone destination AT's. i have them in 285 and they are a great performing tire off road and the have shown very little wear after 9000 miles.

Thats what Im running now. They worked fairly good last winter. We didnt see a ton of snow though. But in a 2wd truck, I'd maybe go with what was posted above. A set of true winters and all seasons. Or get a tire that is snow flake rated, like the General AT2 or Duratracs.

i would stay away from strictly snow tires, IMO they are only good in snow. and you can get AT tires that are great all around.

The Falkens are an awesome tire! I had those at one point. The Nitto Terra Grapplers are awesome too, but do not know how they are in the snow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Archived