New updated GM picture

Saw this today on GMInsidenews.

Some interesting observations. Doors are not flush with windshield and don't wrap onto the roof. XM/Onstar antenna, door handles look unchanged. Looks to have bed rail protectors. This appears to be the 6 1/2 ft bed option with the crew we've been looking for. Also, what's up with the "splashguard" in front of the rear wheel? The front air dam looks REALLY low. For the GMT 900 guys who've removed their air dam, I wonder if this one will be easily removed and look right?

NG-Silverado-20_2%25255B3%25255D.jpg

NG-Silverado-20_3%25255B3%25255D.jpg

NG-Silverado-20_1%25255B3%25255D.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These new trucks look like a revised gmt-900. Its like the change GM did in '03, front end and tail lights. Very disappointing., but at least they will have new motors.

New motors, interiors & revised headlight/grill. While they are making many changes, they kind of set the expectation that it was going to be all new. Which to me means that it does not resemble the current model.

Will have to wait until the official release, but they better have one hell of a motor under the hood if the above is the extent of all new.

I love what I see so far. I think the headlights are going to look like the GMT400 style split top and bottom, it almost looks like they are hidding the bottom row, the grill looks promising and tough in your face look, i like the rear tail light shape and design along with the "spolier" intergrated into the bed sides and tail gate.

I guess its like the Super duty, its been an all new truck 2 or 3 times with the same basic design since 1998, but people still buy it when they do subtle changes. I do like what i see but I was expecting a whole new design not a revised design. The rear tail light looks like they took the gmt-900 and made the back-up light smaller and made it 3 dimensional, like they did in '03.

My thoughts:

- the truck on GMT seems to be an LS or WT model...note the standard headlights. The LTZ on the AutoBlog site appears to have projector headlights, although not HID which I really hope makes the option list (it better, Ford now has em').

- why did the sliding back glass get so much smaller compared to the 900s? Must have option in my book.

- I hope that styled lower bumper valance pops off as easy as the 900.

- My lift guy is going to have a field day with his sawzall and those fenders. I can't believe how tight they are (especially the front) running a standard tread probably 265-size tire. Its sickening how much this simple design item affects how you toy and modify your truck. I pray the end result (or maybe the GMC) will be different.

Archived