What motors are available in 2014 sierra & silverado

From what I read GM is going to produce a 5.3 V8 that gets the same or better mileage as Ford's turbo charged V6 and have better towing capacity.

What about the "babymax"? Heard several rumors about GMs option for having a smaller duramax engine in 1500s? Not sure of any truth to it

sent from your HTC Rezound

Not at launch at least. Not sure about after that

What about the "babymax"? Heard several rumors about GMs option for having a smaller duramax engine in 1500s? Not sure of any truth to it

The problem with that is the sheer cost of meeting EPA regulations. While I think it would be a great option, the sales would be very limited & would assume most that NEEDED a diesel would opt for more capabilities of the 2500/3500 series.

I dont ever see a little duramax for a 1/2 ton.. Who would buy it! The 1/2 ton with the 6.2 has plenty of pwr and TQ. If that wasnt enough just get a 3/4 or 1 ton with a real d-max..

People who want a diesel for the sheer fact they are more badass and get better fuel efficiency, yet don't frequently tow real big trailers. I know a bunch of guys that have/want diesels for that reason. Or better said..

GM must know something we don't, because it appears to me GM would sell babymaxes like hotcakes. The truck would be more expensive, but that hasn't stopped trucks like the Ford Raptor from being a huge success. A half ton truck that makes much more torque than the 5.3 but gets 26+ mpg would be phenomenal. Not to mention the potential for performance upgrades.

I agree that a baby-max would likely sell. Would fill the void between guys who don't really want a 3/4 ton for a DD, but would like efficiency of a diesel truck. Too bad the diesels get a bad rap in America.

And I agree with em. It could be a truck, with the fuel economy of a car, with the towing capacity slightly above all other 1/2 tons, without the stiffer ride of a 3/4 or 1 ton.

Hell, there's a ton of raptors out there now, and I bet damn well that the majority of them don't go out dune jumping and trail riding like what it's meant for. They all don't get it for the off road capabilities, they get it cause its sweet lol

Archived