Chit chat

SarahsGMC

Did you take the pic so you don't have to keep finding it "when you forget"? :lol:

Rookie

*Waits for a site geezer to chime in*

Californians can bring their weed. I quit smoking that shit though. I had to look it up. But there are a couple of those on I-15 in Vegas.

I have an RX cancelled twice with no warning or why by Walgreens. So I call....and the pharmacist tells me yes, it's in stock but she is cancelling it because she doesn't have time to enter it into billing.

Seriously.

lol wtf. Time to find a new pharmacy. I used to use walmart but when the govt screwed with my job provided benefits walmart wasn't an option anymore. Now I just go to Publix. Thankfully I'm too dumb to see a doctor unless I have to so no real need for any prescriptions.

Yeah, I'm a little ticked because it's a just an RX strength anti inflammatory and pain med(NSAID). Think super Aleve. The inflammation of the muscles and synovial fluid can actually cause more damage because the blood cells that fight Invaders that cause the inflammation are attacking the body. instead. Took years to figure out what I have because I'm one of the lucky few that test negative for the disease markers.

Edited by SnakeEyes

• 2 weeks later...

Recoil spring popped out of my sthil trimmer when trying to remove frayed pull cord(2nd time in four years). It didn't look right at all so I ordered a new one. Think the last warranty repair damaged it, it has too much tension, there was no way to get the inner part into the notch. Didn't look like any of the videos I found online(they really uses crappy cord, they seem to have all broken by now)

Seriously thinking of going electric.

I've had good luck repairing some of those. I forget how Stihl does it, since I see so many different brands in a month's time ... but some of them I drive a nail through my workbench, through the inside loop of the spring. Then I can safely (carefully) rewind it - safety glasses are a MUST, because that SOB will knock your eyeballs out if you slip and let it go. Once I get it fully rewound, I'll run a zip tie around it so it cannot come undone. Then place it in the recoil assembly - when you're sure it's in the right spot, cut the zip tie, but keep your hand or a few fingers on top to keep it from flying upward towards you.

I've fixed several this way that people were ready to throw out. Sometimes you have to re-bend the loops on the ends of the spring so it will stay in place. Other times, there is nothing to mount the loops to, and you need to throw the assembly away and buy another.

Stihls can be a pain in the ass for a DIY'er, since the company offers NO help for their product, aside from sending you to a dealer. Echo & Husqvarna - both equally good brands IMO - have diagrams all over the net, so anyone can figure out how to fix them. After finding this out after working on several pieces of Stihl equipment, I'd never buy one.

My Echo weedwacker is 14 years old this July. Still has over 130 PSI compression COLD too!

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

Glad to hear it!

Talking about my truck over beers with my buddies, I was advised to do the same before the cam bearings grenade. I don't know. It's paid for - might just run it until it lets go, and cross that bridge when it arrives. This was the BIGGEST, MOST EXPENSIVE mistake I have EVER made in my friggin life!! New long blocks are $5-6K! WTF. Maybe I'll wait until she's exempt (if it lasts that long) and drop a 350 in it, just to make it worth my while to keep it.

Or maybe I'll park it out back next to the Jimmy and part it out. That would probably be the best course of action.

post-65085-0-28156900-1452869904_thumb.jpg

Ive been using battery power grass hogs for years around the house. I trim around two houses weekly and they do the job. Got tired of the gas powered noise. Use their blowers too. Getting ready to go battery power on the push mower for light mowing same reason. The riding mower probably not in my lifetime.

Recoil spring popped out of my sthil trimmer when trying to remove frayed pull cord(2nd time in four years). It didn't look right at all so I ordered a new one. Think the last warranty repair damaged it, it has too much tension, there was no way to get the inner part into the notch. Didn't look like any of the videos I found online(they really uses crappy cord, they seem to have all broken by now)

Seriously thinking of going electric.

There's what the world needs, a P90D Tesla mower. zero to one acre done in 5 minutes.

Glad to hear it!

Talking about my truck over beers with my buddies, I was advised to do the same before the cam bearings grenade. I don't know. It's paid for - might just run it until it lets go, and cross that bridge when it arrives. This was the BIGGEST, MOST EXPENSIVE mistake I have EVER made in my friggin life!! New long blocks are $5-6K! WTF. Maybe I'll wait until she's exempt (if it lasts that long) and drop a 350 in it, just to make it worth my while to keep it.

Or maybe I'll park it out back next to the Jimmy and part it out. That would probably be the best course of action.

Expensive mistakes you say? Remember mine? You truck is doing pretty well by that standard. :lol: Still can't believe that guy decided straight 30 or 20/50 was good for that engine after he was told what to run in it, by the engine builder. Learned a hard lesson then, don't buy performance or custom cars from non gearheads.

• Like 2

Fixed the STIHL trimmer, stupid new rewind spring came undone 4 times. Watched several youtube videos where the video scuts after reassembly, then restarts when they start it up. I know why, they don't telll you to rewind the rope about 70% of the way before putting the spring back in when. I noticed it when first watching them, and wan't sure how they were magically getting the rope rewound with tension already on the spring. Tried it both ways to see if they was some unspoken trick they were using, but nope, you will have a ton ops slack if you don't rewind most of the rope before the spring catches. I don't understand why people aren't admitting it in the videos? Someone even points it out in the comments and the guy responds "good catch, I went back and resolved it". THEN DID YOU POST THE VIDEO SHOWING THE WRONG METHOD! iDid he post it before he even tested it? Crap, glad I know better, but wonder how many people watch the video and are going "I don't get it, I did exactly the same thing and it doesn't work"

Edited by SnakeEyes
  • Like 1

Fixed the STIHL trimmer, stupid new rewind spring came undone 4 times. Watched several youtube videos where the video scuts after reassembly, then restarts when they start it up. I know why, they don't telll you to rewind the rope about 70% of the way before putting the spring back in when. I noticed it when first watching them, and wan't sure how they were magically getting the rope rewound with tension already on the spring. Tried it both ways to see if they was some unspoken trick they were using, but nope, you will have a ton ops slack if you don't rewind most of the rope before the spring catches. I don't understand why people aren't admitting it in the videos? Someone even points it out in the comments and the guy responds "good catch, I went back and resolved it". THEN DID YOU POST THE VIDEO SHOWING THE WRONG METHOD! iDid he post it before he even tested it? Crap, glad I know better, but wonder how many people watch the video and are going "I don't get it, I did exactly the same thing and it doesn't work"

I hate how many videos are like that. What sucks is when I find a video that tells me everything I need, but is too old so I can't see wtf I'm supposed to do.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

Any of you Kansas guys been to this? http://www.lenexa.com/cms/one.aspx?pageId=6604578

It absolutely does not say anywhere when or even if you can actually buy a meal. It say one company will hand out some samples while supplies last. some articles make it sound like your only option for getting want you want is to be a judge, and otherwise there is no point in going. found a few pictures of tables covered in tarps and plastic with some meat on it. That makes it sound like its a useless event for the public or they have really bad PR, some of the pictures look like some contestants aren't even trying to sell anything. Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding the point, all it says is they should have already had concessions listed. I've already been disappointed by KC bbq once(Arthur Bryants nearest the speedway, ribs were dry, bland, and meatless)

What I'm getting is "come any enjoy the famous BBQ festival and, not eat BBQ unless you are a judge, so you can do something,( while judges eat food), you pay admission for, uh, well we will have something there. (but not on Friday if you aren't invited)" This seems like a massive missed opportunity, I was hoping basically 180 pop up restaurant tents would be out there selling food. I guess the town couldn't handle the tourism that could bring? I mean, we are the fattest country in the world, aren't we? :lol:

Edited by SnakeEyes