Printers

Well I got a HP officejet 6500 I bought at Costco, anyways the ink ran out awhile back so I got them refilled at Costco for about 40$ better than paying over 100$ for new cartridges.

Or so I thought.

The black prints flawlessly but the colors don't print or are barely there the blue is the most I get and some yellow some red too, looks like garbage though. I tried the "clean heads" options, reinstalling the cartridges. I mean damn I'm not buying new cartridges that cost as much as a new printer!

Is there a printer out there that you don't have to throw away after the cartridges are done? I don't print that much.

I need a wireless 5 in 1 as I like having a fax option.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

If you don't need to print color that much, get a Samsung laser. They print b&w far better than any inkjet can, are built like a tank, and are ridiculously cheap on toner if you're willing to refill. When you need color prints done, send it to a 1 hour photo place, or Kinko's. It will be cheaper, with better results.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SCX-4729FW-XAA-Wireless-Monochrome/dp/B005NJQ1S8/ref=pd_sim_e_5

I've got several clients who use these, as well as the one in my office. I haven't had a single problem yet, and it works out of the box with Windows XP through 8, as well as OSX and Linux if you use those.

Genuine replacement toner can be expensive for these, but either buy generic ones instead, or refill them yourself for around $10 for a high yield toner cartridge. That's what I've been doing for the last 8 years or so. I get my supplies from aaatoner.com. The refill process takes less than 5 minutes.

I can't recommend Samsung printers enough. Personally, I'd stay far away from anything by HP (Unless you're buying one of their several thousand dollar workgroup printers), Lexmark or Epson, and any consumer grade inkjet.

Also, if at all possible, try to run a wired connection to the printer. Wire it to your wireless router. In my experience, almost all wireless printers end up having a lot of problems reliably staying connected to your network.

I have an Epson Workforce 845. Little more than some others but I've been extremely happy with it. Wireless, has apps so you can send stuff from a phone/tablet and it has its own email so I can send an email to my printer to print it out if I'm away. I've also given a link to work so they can email me stuff I need to sign or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a HP Photosmart Plus - B210. Works great wirelessly, and we get our ink online for cheap, just have to spend some time on ebay.

You can go the route of a HP Photosmart C6280 All-In-One. It has 6 different ink cartridges, so according to HP you save on ink in the long run, because you are changing the specific colour, not just yellow, or blue etc.

We have a HP Photosmart Plus - B210. Works great wirelessly, and we get our ink online for cheap, just have to spend some time on ebay.

You can go the route of a HP Photosmart C6280 All-In-One. It has 6 different ink cartridges, so according to HP you save on ink in the long run, because you are changing the specific colour, not just yellow, or blue etc.

That's only usefull if you print a lot of color. Ink jets go bad if they sit for a while. Though I'm not sure on how long a while is.

Though if you do print a decent amount of color it is pretty handy. Just thought I'd point that out.

I found out the problem described in my original post, I had my cartridges re filled at Costco.

After going to a actual printer store I was informed they don't do the best job and the sponge isn't cleaned properly and other things. It's not like the guy was trying to rope me in, he said he was going to look at them for free. And seeing as how only 2 colors give me problems seems he is probably right.

Anyways, 40$ lesson learned.

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

That's only usefull if you print a lot of color. Ink jets go bad if they sit for a while. Though I'm not sure on how long a while is.

Though if you do print a decent amount of color it is pretty handy. Just thought I'd point that out.

Yes. I actually don't like the printer at all. You have to have like 18 cartridges in the cupboard.

• 4 months later...

hi NUKE_1

this cartridge helps for colour printout

HP 564 SERIES INK & ADVANCED PHOTO PAPER VALUE PACK Compatible with HP selected version Including Photosmart D5400, Photosmart D7500, Photosmart C6300 all-in-one, Photosmart C5300 all-in-one, Photosmart Pro B8500, photosmart Premium all-in-one C3900 series, Photosmart Plus and Photosmart Premium.Print your favorite photos at home in color with this ink and paper pack that features cyan, magenta and yellow ink for vibrant colors and photo paper for high-quality prints.

Archived