versa7623

Question

I have a 2004 GMC Savana 2500. This morning I noticed when driving it, it would shift really lightly into the next gear, like you would almost not even notice, different then normal though. After I parked for a bit I started the van back up and put into Reverse and nothing, so I tried Drive, and everything else nothing unless I rev it up I can see it move about an inch or two. Any Ideas, I just want to rule out everything before I take it in. Checked the trans oil OK and also that Park Neutral Position Switch on the side and the cable moves the arm on it. I drive this van everyday for work and if the transmission was going out wouldnt I notice any slippage or anything before, it was running great yesterday? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

3 answers to this question

The oil seemed fine, and no check engine light. One other thing I did just find out was my trans dip was at the same level on and idling for a minute as it was off. Would that be the pump in the transmission? Called around everywhere I found was at least $2500 for a rebuilt one. Someone please tell me its not my transmission lol

Archived