upgrade from RCX 4.75" lift.

im thinking about upgrading from RCX 4.75" lift. im looking into rancho's 4" lift and pro comps 6" lift. I want to get a lift that i can run my facroty wheels, and RCX 5" lift needs 18" or larger, same with Zone off roads 4.5-6.5" lift.

So this summer im going to get zones 3" BL to replace the 1.25" lift, im just wondering if when i swap out the RC 3.5" lift if its worth 1600$ for .5" of lift with the rancho kit. I have also heard rancho nets about 5" not the 4" advertised.

Any replies would be great

I'm currently running the Rancho and love it, but in all honesty I wish I had gone with a true 6" or higher to begin with. I had to add a 1.5" body lift to clear the wheels and tires I wanted, if you only want 33's then the Rancho looks about perfect IMO. I'd save the $300 or so odd dollars the 3" body would cost, and put it towards a full on suspension lift. I've had fun learning about lifts, wheels, tires, etc... with this truck though, the next one will be done right the fist time and for less money.

I'm currently running the Rancho and love it, but in all honesty I wish I had gone with a true 6" or higher to begin with. I had to add a 1.5" body lift to clear the wheels and tires I wanted, if you only want 33's then the Rancho looks about perfect IMO. I'd save the $300 or so odd dollars the 3" body would cost, and put it towards a full on suspension lift. I've had fun learning about lifts, wheels, tires, etc... with this truck though, the next one will be done right the fist time and for less money.

I completely agree. The next time I do this it will be more truck and more lift from the jump.

im right there with you guys on doing it once and doing it right next time. haha. started with RC 2" leveling kit, added rear blocks. then i added 1.25" body lift. not being content i bought RC 3.5" lift. I definately love the stance, but i still want more.

thanks for the replies. i hate to part with my current tire wheel setup as it wasnt cheap and i couldnt afford to replace them. definately next truck will have some 18's since you can get away with other lifts for less $. This is my first lifted truck and now I'm addicted to it.

• 3 months later...

hey im looking at rough country 3.5" lifts and the 4.75" combo lift. are their any problems that may occur doing the combo? I know absolutely nothing about trucks, so i will do the best i can to understand. also, i will look into the rancho lift but so far i know rough country isn't that bad of a price. and i know if you go higher in price, then you get better quality but i don't have that much money...maybe its just time to start saving.lol

Archived