I'm thinking about buying a new 12 gauge. I preferably like it to be able to shoot 2 3/4 to 3 1/2" shells. I was looking at the remington 887 nitro mag but I'm seeing it has some bad reviews, I have never shot one. I have shot a benelli and I really liked it what are your guys thoughts?

I have about $400 max to spend on one

I've had a remington 870 super mag and i now have a mosseberg 835. Both great shotguns, and will take 3 1/2" shells. Remington is a little easier to break down and clean.

I am looking for a Remington CTi, it is out of production because it did not sell very well. I FFL had one when I was out of town and he sold it real quick for $750.00 which I thought was a fair price for it, but I don't need it now so I will wait to find a good deal on it. :jester:

I use an 1187 Super-Mag for duck hunting and it is great. Bought mine new on gunbroker but they can usually be found used for $400-$500

I also have an 870 12 gauge slug gun for deer hunting and an 870 youth model 20 gauge that is my snake charmer and they are great guns. It is hard to go wrong with a remington product imo.

Archived