'14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain

^I have to laugh. I pointed out the step bumper to the wife the other night, and reminded her of me falling out of the bed heels over head and denting the bedside(grr) when we were dating and I was helping move her stuff back to school and had the bed loaded and lost my footing.

Question:

You have a rear booster seat. Why did you choose not to go with the rear entertainment system for the young one? Worth EVERY penny. A real must have option for the kids and parents too.

It was a dealer order. I managed to sway my wife from a Tahoe to this truck, and we had about a week to discuss the entertainment issue. With both kids having iPads, we figure they can entertain themselves with those. They do it now anyways.

As for gas mileage, last night was the first time I got behind the wheel. I really tried to baby the gas pedal. 65, 35, and 25 Mph zones and when we got home, It actually was higher than what the picture show. It started dropping while I was sitting idling trying to get a decent shot. It was as high as 24.9.

The transition from 8 to 4, and back to 8 cylinders is seamless. You can barely even hear it also.

Very impressed with this truck. After surging issues with my 08 Silverado that have yet to be fixed, I vowed to never to buy a GM product again. I'm extremely pleased with our choice. We were seriously considering either a Tahoe or a Ford Explorer Sport, and this truck smokes both of those, even thought its comparing apples to oranges.

When I purchased my 08 Silverado, I was pleased with it but never got excited driving it. It was no big deal, just a truck that'll get me from point A to B.

I kid you not, driving the '14 got me super excited, WOW, what a truck.

Anyone who gets this truck is going to be pleased, just don't make the mistake and buy it for your wife.

post-75452-0-19023900-1372001779_thumb.jpg

BNSF, nice truck. As an Aside and not to change the thread, Does your 08 surge when coming to a stop and just as it drops into first and /or just trying to give it a little gas to get into the garage etc..?

Archived