Need advice on tonneau for 2012 Sierra

Guys-

I know quite a few of you have tonneaus on your bed, and I'm looking into one for my Sierra.

I'd prefer a hard tonneau. Due to the Michigan weather vinyl shows wear pretty quickly and if we get heavy snow, vinyl may not be the best choice either.

I'd also prefer a version that rests on the bed rails, but I'm not sure of what is available.

Let me know your experiences, if you'd had success with any in particular or any to stay away from.

Thanks for any advice.

Extang Solid Fold on my 08 has been good.

I have the same. I've had a few seals rip but they were good about replacing them. Plus they're a Michigan company, based in Ann Arbor.

Truxedo Lo pro QT is a vinyl cover but has a lifetime warranty on all parts including the vinyl. Also has tension adjusters. Just put one on my truck and I like it a lot. Rolls out of the way with one hand, Velcro sides and locks when the tail gate is locked. I paid 384.99 online.

I have had the Extang Revolution for two New England winters already, its a soft full roll up for almost full bed access, nice low profile, stays real tight (does not flap in the wind), have not had any water in bed after rain issues. Only complaint, which really isn't a complaint, is that I am afraid of leaning any cargo on the aluminum side rail track.

I too have a Extang Solid Fold. Had it for about 1 1/2 years. Only thing that I have to complain about are the rusted screws where the snaps lock in place when folded. Other than that nothing.

Pros: Easy on Easy off

No bed rails to intsall or that take up any space

solid

You can use the bed door lock to secure your bed

folds in three and locks in place with some snaps

Cons: sticks up about 1 1/2 inches (not flush)

Archived