Chevyboy86's LMM Duramax

Prokopchuk_9

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And ya some sponsors would be awesome LOL!!! Seems nowadays if you aren't racing or pulling with a big budget team you have to have a nice set of tits to get sponsored in diesel industry LOL

LOL That might help your chances. Actually that might help with more than just sponsorships... haha

• 2 weeks later...

Speakin of sponsors wish I had some right about now. Problems in the hood yo LOL. Prepare to open sesame wallet!!havent fully diagnosed yet, I'm leaning towards bent valve, hoping it's just a head gasket! Getting some pretty serious blow by

Could be a short rod, cracked/holed piston. But I don't think it's that extreme. You gotta pay to play!! Was to be expected, the boost/fuel I'm pushing thru these internals was a ticking time bomb anyways...

Could be a short rod, cracked/holed piston. But I don't think it's that extreme. You gotta pay to play!! Was to be expected, the boost/fuel I'm pushing thru these internals was a ticking time bomb anyways...

Geez That's,Not Good. Hope It's Something Easy And Not So Expensive. Building Duramax Is Expensive!

Geez That's,Not Good. Hope It's Something Easy And Not So Expensive. Building Duramax Is Expensive!

Well, Parts alone for a HG job is $1000...if it's anything with rotating assembly it'll be 10 grand or more. I was waiting for this to happen

Well, Parts alone for a HG job is $1000...if it's anything with rotating assembly it'll be 10 grand or more. I was waiting for this to happen

Yes A Buddy Of MinE Was Telling me Building His Engine InJust Parts Alone Was 15G

Yes A Buddy Of MinE Was Telling me Building His Engine InJust Parts Alone Was 15G

The engine I have price out right now is just over that. Bout 17,500. I don't think I'm gonna go that route tho, I'm probly gonna do LML slugs and rods. Can hold a respectable 850 flywheel hp and I can get em for about $150 a hole. Then a crank and hardware...

The engine I have planned out with blackout that price is me showing up, they do all the labour, machine work, tuning and button everything up. So the trip down to the states as a whole would cost me 20 grand...but I would have an engine that's built for 1000rwhp...

Carillo rods

Mahle pistons

Arp girdle/hardware

Premium bearings

Machine work

Welded crank

Keyed cam

It's what I want just don't know if I should spend that much. It's a lot of cash...

Can't take it with you.

Lol...honestly right now I have my house for sale and we are preparing to move across the country. Which is gonna cost a lot to begin with cuz economy back home is so crappy not gonna make any money on my house. To say the least it Didn't come at a very good time. I'm not rich lol, the wife unit is gonna shit a brick when she finds out how much this is gonna cost.

If my motor took a crap I honestly don't know what I'd do.

Don't worry I have a spare 5.3 sitting in the garage with 308k on it I can send to you lol

Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

Archived