LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

Your tailgate is pretty expensive too. I advise one of these for some extra assurance.

I am not affiliated with this company or anyone who may work there or sell the product.

http://www.jimmijammer.com/product,%20gk.htm

They have dealers here in NM. I'll look tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

GerryLP :cool:

Your tailgate is pretty expensive too. I advise one of these for some extra assurance.

I am not affiliated with this company or anyone who may work there or sell the product.

• 1 month later...

How so? I want a switch in the bed, not in the cab... used everything in the kit.. Just extra wire and a separate switch

Then you just need any universal led (27 from Walmart. ca) and run the wire yourself. Different story if you have the bed light already Edited by Hengchang_Tang

Instead of going into cab all the time to turn it on I could just hit lock unlock on fob and lights would go on in box

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ALSO!

My question would be "Why"? I would not wire up lights to have 2 power sources... but I don't understand the reason for power from brake lights...

So that you could light up the bed for up to 2 min (maybe longer depending on your settings) simply by hitting unlock on the key fob

OK two questions from reading this thread.

1. For a second set of lights how do you power them? Plug into the same harness by the spare tire?

2. For adding a second switch for the lights is there a really simple and neat way to get this accomplished too?

Searching for an answer to #2 also!

New member here. I have tried searching all over the web for answers to the above questions/statements, to no avail.

Anyone out there that can hep?

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ALSO!

So that you could light up the bed for up to 2 min (maybe longer depending on your settings) simply by hitting unlock on the key fob

Searching for an answer to #2 also!

New member here. I have tried searching all over the web for answers to the above questions/statements, to no avail.

Anyone out there that can hep?

Nevermind, found this, and it is AWESOME!

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/164156-cargo-lights-on-with-reverse-lights/

Edited by Mason603a

IMG 3631

IMG 3630

IMG 3629

IMG 3629

IMG 3628

I got some aftermarket set from walmart for like 30 bucks and they worked great! i wired them to that toggle with then instead of drilling into my brand new truck i just took the plastic cap for the hauling ring slot there or whatever off and drilled a hole in it then put the toggle switch in it. It was absolutely perfect and then this way you don't have to worry about forgetting to turn the lights on while your inside the truck or something just when you get back there you flip the switch and your good to go! very happy with the results

• Like 2