LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

• 3 weeks later...

Hypothetically if you bought the off brand 4 light per side set could you tap it into one of those switches from the factory version and then it would be controlled by the cargo light? The method the instructions suggest is running it to the battery then have a separate on/off switch for your cab i guess.

Hypothetically if you bought the off brand 4 light per side set could you tap it into one of those switches from the factory version and then it would be controlled by the cargo light? The method the instructions suggest is running it to the battery then have a separate on/off switch for your cab i guess.

Yes, you could.
  • Like 1

Would you happen to know where I could find one of those. I guess I am not googling the right words

Here is one of the complete kits that plug in the junction box near the spare tire. When plugged into the junction box, thy come on with the cargo light switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181250524668

Just search on GM# 23145347

Edited by chuckl1218

Yeah the only unfortunate thing is I already purchased the generic led lighting from amazon. I'm trying to not eat that $60, but I may just have to.

Here is one of the complete kits that plug in the junction box near the spare tire.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181250524668

Just search on GM# 23145347

Yeah the only unfortunate thing is I already purchased the generic led lighting from amazon. I'm trying to not eat that $60, but I may just have to.

Another thought...when we splice a second set into the existing OEM string, we cut the harness plug off. I plan to keep mine, but if you could find someone that stll has theirs and doesn't mind parting with it, you could use the OEM harness plug with your aftermarket set. GM doesn't sell them separately.
  • Like 1

I for one am looking for the wiring form someone who bought the second set and is willing to part with it. Send me a PM and your price to ship to 48140 and if you take Pay Pal we may have a deal.

I only what the wiring that plugs into the box behind the spare tire. If no one is willing to part with their extra one from the second set of lights, is anyone intrested in the pair of lights if I pick up the kit?

If one of you guys could take some pictures of the plugs, I can try and cross reference them in the Delphi catalog and see if I can find the part numbers.

I had some success making custom harnesses for my Corvettes this way... but then again, the factory manuals gave me the part numbers to work from.

Thanks!

Edited by Fasthotrod
  • Like 1

If one of you guys could take some pictures of the plugs, I can try and cross reference them in the Delphi catalog and see if I can find the part numbers.

I had some success making custom harnesses for my Corvettes this way... but then again, the factory manuals gave me the part numbers to work from.

Thanks!

Does this help you out?

post-98478-0-67652700-1401517850_thumb.jpg