2014 Window Tint

I've got mylar 20 on my front windows and they match, then had 50 put on the windshield it's awesome Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I have my front windshield tinted on my car, haven't decided if I will do it when the truck comes in.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out if curiosity, does anyone know how to go about getting a medical exemption for window tint? I wanna go dark on my front windows but don't feel like getting a ticket later for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I use to sell eyewear the doctors occasionally, if you were UV sensitive, would give you a card aswell as an application for TXDOT to obtain film exemptions. With that cars you could even have your front windshield tinted with no worries

When I use to sell eyewear the doctors occasionally, if you were UV sensitive, would give you a card aswell as an application for TXDOT to obtain film exemptions. With that cars you could even have your front windshield tinted with no worries

So I should go to my eye doctor or a dermatologist to get the exemption? I mean, I do have early signs of skin cancer from sun exposure (not really something I'm worried about because my doctor said that it's highly unlikely that I will get it, but I wouldn't mind if that's used as the reason for why I 'need' dark tinted windows)

So I should go to my eye doctor or a dermatologist to get the exemption? I mean, I do have early signs of skin cancer from sun exposure (not really something I'm worried about because my doctor said that it's highly unlikely that I will get it, but I wouldn't mind if that's used as the reason for why I 'need' dark tinted windows)

As far as I know. The only recognized exemption for Texas atleast is through a vision provider. All automotive glass has a 95% clarity film. And if your a corvette owner your front windshield has 50% lol. But anyway. The exemption rules I know of are for Texas alone. Not too sure about any other states.

As far as I know. The only recognized exemption for Texas atleast is through a vision provider. All automotive glass has a 95% clarity film. And if your a corvette owner your front windshield has 50% lol. But anyway. The exemption rules I know of are for Texas alone. Not too sure about any other states.

Thanks for the advice! I'll have to call my eye doctor. She's a good friend of mine and I'm sure she wouldn't mind writing off that I am UV sensitive or whatever she feels would get the exemption to go over well. I'm in Louisiana. I think our process is similar for the most part

Yeah man no problem. what part are you in I travel at times to Shreveport for work.

I'm a few hours away from there. I'm in New Orleans.

I'm a few hours away from there. I'm in New Orleans.

Sweet man. I'll have to shoot you a pm next time I'm out there.

What are some good tips in finding a company that does tinting and quality? Are there better materials and what is a good temperature to get this done etc.? CT is still pretty cold. I will only do legal tinting. Any bad stories out there?

Let me know who you go with and how it ends up. I live I CT as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where one can find a "fading" tint for the AS1 line? Like manufacture tint on most cars?

I just had mine matched to the factory, which is 20%, matches up good from the outside but the factory tint from the inside is a much nicer shade. I've had a number of cars tinted at this same place and they do a great job but the factory tint on the 14's almost seems like your looking through polarized shades. I called them after and they couldn't give me an answer on what the factory uses. Anybody know how to match it closer?

I had mine done today. 50% windshield, 20% front doors and 35% on back doors and rear glass. Driving home tonight was weird. 20% in front is perfect. The 35% over the factory glass in the back made it pretty hard to see out of. The 50% windshield tint is very different and visibility was definitely reduced at dusk. I will give it some time but I'm afraid I made a mistake going 50% on the windshield.

Archived