2014 Window Tint

how dark did the back get with this setup. I am going to get mine done as well with a similar setup but I dont want to not see out the rear window.

Really is no darker than with just the factory privacy glass. I've had 20% and 5% on the rear before and it is nowhere near as dark as those.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine done today. 32% in the front (Texas legal limit) and 32% in the rear window and rear passenger over existing factory privacy glass.

001_zpsd675ecdd.jpg

007_zps7f7fd8fb.jpg

So you got the front down to 32% or did you do the same as in the rear and get 32% put on the front over the factory 70%, therefore making it 22.4%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the front done in 32%. Had the rear done in 32% over the factory privacy glass. Not sure what the math actually equates to, but it's not as dark as 20% in the rear, but it is darker than the front. Somewhere around 25% would be my guess.

I took my 2014 Silverado crew cab today and had windows tinted. I had planned to only tint the 2 fronts to match the factory rears. But once I got there the installer talked me into also tinting the whole front glass. I thought it sounded nuts at first but he showed me his crew cab Dodge which was done the same way and it looked really good. So I got 20% on the fronts to match the rear. And the windshield at 50%. I really like it so far but I haven't tried night driving yet, so we'll see.

I took my 2014 Silverado crew cab today and had windows tinted. I had planned to only tint the 2 fronts to match the factory rears. But once I got there the installer talked me into also tinting the whole front glass. I thought it sounded nuts at first but he showed me his crew cab Dodge which was done the same way and it looked really good. So I got 20% on the fronts to match the rear. And the windshield at 50%. I really like it so far but I haven't tried night driving yet, so we'll see.

So he put 50% on the front or he put 80% film which would bring our 70% factory windshield down to just above 50%

So he put 50% on the front or he put 80% film which would bring our 70% factory windshield down to just above 50%

My windshield didn't have any factory tint (not that I could tell anyway). It was completely clear. He added 50% tint to the entire windshield.

My windshield didn't have any factory tint (not that I could tell anyway). It was completely clear. He added 50% tint to the entire windshield.

Check out the bottom passenger side. The glass on mine is darkened to 70%

It should say in the bottom corner "Trans XX%"

You are correct. I never knew that. It looked clear to me. He put 50% film on so I don't know what that takes it to.

Should be about 35%,

If the glass started at 70% then 70 x .5 = 35% VLT

Far beyond the legal limit in just about every state haha

So all you Texas boys with Tint on the windshield below the AS1 line. Does the medical exemption cover this? What about getting the vehicle inspected? What if your wife gets pulled over in the vehicle and she does not have an exemption? Thinking about tinting my front sides and would truly like to add some tint to the front windshield just don't want to get myself into tight spot with the law. BTW I'm a skin cancer survivor and yes bright lights do bother my eyes. I've never heard of the medical exemption until today.

So all you Texas boys with Tint on the windshield below the AS1 line. Does the medical exemption cover this? What about getting the vehicle inspected? What if your wife gets pulled over in the vehicle and she does not have an exemption? Thinking about tinting my front sides and would truly like to add some tint to the front windshield just don't want to get myself into tight spot with the law. BTW I'm a skin cancer survivor and yes bright lights do bother my eyes. I've never heard of the medical exemption until today.

Medical exemption for that is probably going to be more or less a personal call on the officer's judgement. I would think it would pass if a medical professional signs off on it. And If you leave the exemption paper/proof in the vehicle and your wife or any other person gets pulled over while in the vehicle then they can tell the officer that the vehicle is your daily driver and that you have been authorized to have the tint legally at that level because of your exemption, then the driver should not be harassed for the tint.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my two front windows tinted 20 percent and the windshield strip to the as1 line.

It makes it pretty dark here. Just had a rain storm and you cannot see through the glass. When it was sunny right before the storm, you could see through to the interior.

The tint doesn't perfectly match the back windows and I'm not too happy about that. So it's just a matter of time before I go back to tint the 2 rear windows to 5 percent.

The window strip makes it a bit darker inside as well. Looks cool though. post-132522-140865891177_thumb.jpg

post-132522-140865891177_thumb.jpg

Archived