2014 Window Tint

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I want to keep the window strip. If you don't go pass the as1 line, it doesn't look like a clean install and it blocks a lot of the view especially at night.

Tint is in two pieces, one on each side of the rear view mirror. post-132522-140866279348_thumb.jpgpost-132522-140866279348_thumb.jpg

post-132522-140866279348_thumb.jpg

I've got everything 5% now all I have left is the windshield strip and I'll be going too the bottom of the rear view with 5% as well

I think going below the as1 line is way too low.

I got the window strip off and it looks so much better. The windows in the back are now 5% and it looks great. The view is a lot more open and I won't be getting a strip again.

Not sure if I want to keep the window strip. If you don't go pass the as1 line, it doesn't look like a clean install and it blocks a lot of the view especially at night.

Tint is in two pieces, one on each side of the rear view mirror. 20140821_190934.jpg 20140821_190934.jpg

I had an eyebrow installed not once but twice, the first time I had the back windows done in 5% and 5% window strip. I made it home before I pulled the eyebrow off.

The second time (last week) I had the front done in 15% and the brow done in 20 or so he never told me, this time I made it halfway home before I took it off. Luckily it was only 30$ each time.

I don't know what it is about them but I flat out can't stand "eyebrows". I was hoping it would be nearly invisible from the outside being lighter tint than the rest but it was visible enough. I guess it made me look like all the kids with their ridiculous exhaust and lift kits, no thanks... I'd rather not be associated with that personally

Lol @ gmc1. I felt the same way. I think the angle of the front windows in the Sierra/Silverstone is very low and if you only get the top strip done, it blocks way too much of the view and made the cabin very dark.

The best part of driving this truck is the large front window and height and I felt the strip ruined it for me.

Luckily the installer removed the strip for free when he tinted the 2 rear windows.

@ wblanier I love the color of your truck. 35% in the front is perfect I think.

Thanks! I've had Silverados forever but this is my first GMC and I love it. We breed Labrador retrievers so the dark windows help keep the pups cool on the way to the vet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived