2014 Window Tint

Yeah my guy was out of 10%. I like 15% it's definitely in a much darker realm to the naked eye compared to 20%. Don't get me wrong 20% can look and seem dark, but you can tell when it's below 20% easily. My brother has 20%. 10% which is the way my rear windows are is perfect. You can barely if barely see in during the day, and there is no way at night. 15% at night and cloudy days you really can't see into. Sunny days however becomes apparent.

I chipped a spot on the drivers side window so it gives me an excuse to go 10%. I just wonder how hard it will be for me or him to remove.

Roger that. That's exactly what I was thinking 15% would look like. Noticeably darker than 20%, but nothing crazy. Sounds like 10% would be ideal for my taste too. I want it to be just dark enough that you can't hardly see in during a bright sunny day, and definitely can't see in on a cloudy day or at night. My old truck had 5% over everything (except for the windshield) and that thing was like a cave, haha.

Taking the actual tint off is actually pretty easy to do...it's the nasty residual film it leaves behind that is a pain to clean off. But, a soft bristle brush and some good solvent/cleaner will make short work of it. I think that's why the guys that did mine decided to just put an extra layer of 50% over the 20% on the backs, instead of peeling off the 20% and replacing it with 5% like I suggested...they didn't want to mess with cleaning the residue off. Thankfully, they did it for free, because they guaranteed me ahead of time that 20% over the factory tint on the back would be slightly darker than 5% on the fronts. It didn't turn out like I wanted, but they made it right.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my guy would do an extra layer of 70% over the 15% on the front that should theoretically bring it to 6-7% like the back read on the meter. On problem then is the chip though. It would be noticeable for sure.

If my guy would do an extra layer of 70% over the 15% on the front that should theoretically bring it to 6-7% like the back read on the meter. On problem then is the chip though. It would be noticeable for sure.

Yeah that sucks about the chip. Might as well take the 15% off and do it right.

Good Morning Everyone! I have a 2014 Black GMC Sierra SLE with a layer of 5% Limo Tint all the way around it and a Layer of it's either a shade of 30 or 35% on the Whole Front Windshield and I Love it to many noisy people around

Good Morning Everyone! I have a 2014 Black GMC Sierra SLE with a layer of 5% Limo Tint all the way around it and a Layer of it's either a shade of 30 or 35% on the Whole Front Windshield and I Love it to many noisy people around

Pictures or it didn't happen [emoji4]

You like the 30% on the winshield greg? I'd be worried about getting pulled over, but also it's hard for me to see through 15% sometimes in places where there is no ambient light. .30x.70 is more like 21% on the front winshield. They just got tint meters here in starkville :(

Local PD who is a friend and comes by the ER when i'm at work said they're only looking for drug dealers and DUIs though.

• 2 months later...

5% tint on front windows. 20% over the factory rears and 5% windshield strip. Front and rear match pretty close. Love the dark tint , very happy I went for the 5%

How are you liking the 20% over factory rears? I got my truck tinted yesterday 5% all around and the back glass is way too dark. It's strange, because I've had all my other trucks tinted 5% on all back windows, but this truck is a lot darker for some reason. I'm thinking about going back and doing 15% over the rears. My guy only carries 5, 15, and 30.

Archived