2014 Window Tint

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Windows 35%,,, windshield strip 5% is very hard to see out of that night

image_zps0d9b0f1f.jpg

That all looks great man! Those pictures help a lot! I was debating with 35% but now I'm almost dead set! After I see the night picture, then I'll almost definitely be at the tint shop within a week or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 35% tints on my windows and they look great and easy to see out. Thinking of doing 70% on the front windshield. I was in someone's car that had it and it was a lot viable than I thought. I just have to see how the night driving is.

In all honesty, you'll have better clarity out of a tinted windshield (40-60%) vs one that isn't. For starters, you don't have the excessive glare from the sun and headlights, this will provide less strain and better concentration on the road since natural tendency is to look at the brightest light source (on-coming traffic). 2: it causes you to focus further into the distance. - it eliminates the light flooding directly in front of the vehicle, while still providing more than adequate light for proper distant viewing. - This reason alone, I detest people running with their fogs. While yes, it provide more light, but you sacrifice your distance viewing and time it takes to react to situations should you have to incur an avoidance maneuver.

Thanks chrisuns he's one of those that can't wrap his head around window tint. My script is 100% legal a state cop told me how too get it. I'm breaking no laws and it makes driving during the day great no need for sunglasses. I've had black windows since 96 and not one accident. Squinting and hiding behind a visor is no fun plus it's dangerous.

35% night shot would be great if anyone has it... thats what I hated about my 20%. when I needed to back the trailer up it was awful dark. I removed it because of that. nice in the day but I wont compromise my ability to see for looks. 35% looks much better

does anyone know how dark the front windows come from the factory if you have the privacy glass (actual darkened glass) on your truck? Legally around here we can only go down to 40% but I am going to go with 35%, or at least as close as I can to it.

I am trying to figure out which % of tint I need to get to be able to achieve my goal of 35% since it is noticeable that the front windows are already darkened. I just cannot tell if it 70% VLT (which I am hoping it is because then I can just put 50% tint on to cut the 70% down to 50%).

Any help is very much appreciated

Archived