2014 Window Tint

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

image_zpse42e53ae.jpg

Love it 5%

I've been thinking about doing the brow as well. I wish these new trucks had the blue strip across the top like in older models.

In CT the brow can only go down so far. Since I am a taller driver I had the tinting shop go a little less so it wasn't in my view. I had them measure it while I was sitting in the truck. I went 20% and that is fine. The length is the same like the older vehicles. All street legal.

The old vehicles have a straight edge cut (equal from one side to another) and the tinting shop likes to put a curve in the brow when you look out. It took me a while to get over the curve. I guess you can have either way.

In CT the brow can only go down so far. Since I am a taller driver I had the tinting shop go a little less so it wasn't in my view. I had them measure it while I was sitting in the truck. I went 20% and that is fine. The length is the same like the older vehicles. All street legal.

The old vehicles have a straight edge cut (equal from one side to another) and the tinting shop likes to put a curve in the brow when you look out. It took me a while to get over the curve. I guess you can have either way.

I do tint, and the curve is just how the film lays on the window, it's been like that for years with most vehicles, if you dont want the curve you have to heat the film and form it to lay flat all the way across, similar to how we do back windows on cars.

[i do tint, and the curve is just how the film lays on the window, it's been like that for years with most vehicles, if you dont want the curve you have to heat the film and form it to lay flat all the way across, similar to how we do back windows on cars.

Thanks for the reply. Now I can understand why there is a curve.

• 4 weeks later...

I went off on the installer today. Told him up front that I wanted a straight strip across the windshield. Told me it was impossible. Should have been a clue. Truck came out with a curved strip and no tint on side windows (ran out of tint). Guess he hasn't checked out the tools made for the job. Gotta go back Thursday. pynadehy.jpg

I went off on the installer today. Told him up front that I wanted a straight strip across the windshield. Told me it was impossible. Should have been a clue. Truck came out with a curved strip and no tint on side windows (ran out of tint). Guess he hasn't checked out the tools made for the job. Gotta go back Thursday. pynadehy.jpg

How does a tint installer run out of material? Unless he is tinting all the vehicles on a dealer lot with what he can carry in the bed of a truck, he shouldn't run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine done today. 32% in the front (Texas legal limit) and 32% in the rear window and rear passenger over existing factory privacy glass.

001_zpsd675ecdd.jpg

007_zps7f7fd8fb.jpg

how dark did the back get with this setup. I am going to get mine done as well with a similar setup but I dont want to not see out the rear window.

Archived