Gas mileage for my truck

ATMINF

Yup, I have stated in the past that I get 12-14 city and around 16-16+hwy, so loaded. So I was happy with a little over 15 mpg.

Don't let the diesel guys see that! It's impossible to comprehend a 6.0 gasser getting decent mileage. :cool:

So far FL is pretty nice, last time I lived in FL was when my father was stationed down at Homestead AFB, south of Miami. I think Tampa is going to be good. That's to bad about your mileage Chevyguy, here is what I have done with my truck:

Full synthetics all around, engine, trans, diff

Got a performance tune from Charliey Wheatley

Flowmaster exhaust (little to any performance, but it sounds so cool!)

And soft bedcover.

Granted I also try to drive as smooth as possible on the hwy. as for the city drive I don't drive like a Sunday drive but I do drive pro actively, so I can see when people are going to try and cut me off etc. I also put the Chevron Techron fuel cleaner stuff in a tank about twice a year.

So far FL is pretty nice, last time I lived in FL was when my father was stationed down at Homestead AFB, south of Miami. I think Tampa is going to be good. That's to bad about your mileage Chevyguy, here is what I have done with my truck:

Full synthetics all around, engine, trans, diff

Got a performance tune from Charliey Wheatley

Flowmaster exhaust (little to any performance, but it sounds so cool!)

And soft bedcover.

Granted I also try to drive as smooth as possible on the hwy. as for the city drive I don't drive like a Sunday drive but I do drive pro actively, so I can see when people are going to try and cut me off etc. I also put the Chevron Techron fuel cleaner stuff in a tank about twice a year.

The tune is out of my price range, I keep buying other things, but eventually I'll get a Black Bear tune. I had magnaflows but they sounded like poop and I lost a slight amount of mileage (and "felt" power) switching to them vs having glass packs thus went back to glass packs. It's had a leer hard cover on it almost since it was new. The reason I get better fuel mileage on the back roads is I work nights so I get little to no traffic and can basically set cruise control at 45mph for the 20-30 minute drive to work. I'd probably get better if I didn't hit those pesky red lights too. As for the highway mileage I have no clue, maybe it's because the truck has the 4:10 rear end. Probably doesn't help that when I do take the highway it's because I'm a little short on time and doing 75-80 most of the way :-p I've only ever owned a truck so mpg has never been a top priority, not saying a mile or two more per gallon would get any complaints out of me though. I don't remember which fluids are in the drive train stuff, I'd presume synthetics. I do put mobil1 in the engine. Thanks for the suggestions. Enjoy Florida, get out and do some fishing!

My wife drove her hybrid to Florida from Toronto,Ontario. and it cost her down 70 dollars.

On the way back it cost her 90 dollars because she drove faster back home.

It was an average 23 hours of driving one way.

Just Imagine if the Diesel Guys got a hold of this privy Information LOL.

Scooby

Yup, I have stated in the past that I get 12-14 city and around 16-16+hwy, so loaded. So I was happy with a little over 15 mpg.

Don't let the diesel guys see that! It's impossible to comprehend a 6.0 gasser getting decent mileage. :cool:

Lolololol...I saw. I wasn't gonna say anything till now.

I drove a 13' 2500hd crew cab short box for a work truck for 8 months. The BEST I saw on the highway was 15mpg, that was keeping it under 60mph. Around town was like 12 mpg driving like a grandpa.

If I had no lift and big tires I would bet over 20mpg on the highway. I get 18 with 35's doing 70 mph on really hilly roads and passing everybody.

Archived