XM Radio Reception

Has anyone else noticed that the XM reception is par at best in this 2014 truck? I have had 4 new vehicles in the last 6 years, all with either XM radios or Sirius radios and this the only one that has ever lost reception pulling too close to my house in the driveway. Also between any building that may be tall enough to block the view of the sky momentarily.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my last truck I had a 1st generation magnetic roof mount antenna for my sat radio and I can't recall ever losing a signal. Yesterday I lost a signal about 10 times while driving through a wooded area. GM could be doing a lot better with this...

2014 Silverado. Lose reception at least 5 times a day in areas with only moderate blockage to sky.

2012 ford focus. Great reception. Never lost reception.

2010 Dodge challenger. Lost reception under bridges but that is it.

2009 VW GTI Great reception, never lost reception.

2008 VW Jetta. Great reception, never lost reception.

My 09 xm reception is junk. As is the OnStar phone. I have had to stop my truck. cut it off and use my cel phone as the onstar had no reception. I think it is something in the design of the roof mount??

I've found the XM reception to be very touchy compared to Sirius in the Challenger and Jeep. I don't know if the difference is due to the different services or the vehicle equipment.

• 4 weeks later...

Signal lose around trees is more frequent in the 14, had 2010 Silverado with Kenwood head unit which almost never lost signal. Noticed my FM radio reception is not as good either, antenna problems?

Well having my 14 for about a month now. The reception issues I had with XM in my 09 don't seem to be there now. I would lose signal on the way to work 3 times in the same places and so far it has not happened. In fact I was stuck under a long underpass in Atlanta for a few minutes in traffic and didn't lose signal there either. Maybe. I'm just lucky?

Archived