Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

Think we do have it for you, call us up wensday.

Will do. I called about my headlight order and some third world answering service told me it should generate a tracking number by the end of day tomorrow. Said if the order reached the warehouse it was in stock but he didn't check anything. Just trying to satisfy my call was all he was doing. I will call y'all Wednesday and make sure you have me one before cancelling that order. I'm sure they are out of stock and that's why it is pending. We will see.

Thanks again to 2SSRS for making these available I will be ordering mine shortly. I have a question : I purchased a Mori moto Sierra specific Hid kit last Dec. that I havent installed yet, will I be able to use this with the sle to slt harness or will that be plug overkill? Any other light setups ? I'm not a pro but know enough to get by :help: so any input would be greatly appreciated! Also, is $650.00 +/- (ea.) the going rate for the OEM SLT headlight assy's or is there a better deal hidden out there? Thanks again for any help. MGD

• Like 1

Thanks again to 2SSRS for making these available I will be ordering mine shortly. I have a question : I purchased a Mori moto Sierra specific Hid kit last Dec. that I havent installed yet, will I be able to use this with the sle to slt harness or will that be plug overkill? Any other light setups ? I'm not a pro but know enough to get by :help: so any input would be greatly appreciated! Also, is $650.00 +/- (ea.) the going rate for the OEM SLT headlight assy's or is there a better deal hidden out there? Thanks again for any help. MGD

This ^

I've looked and did a lot of searching on these lights that are OEM and not surplus and the best price I've found so far is from gmpartsheadquarters.com at $574.59 for the 23130716 (passenger) and $638.79 for the 23130715 (drivers). I don't know why the drivers side is more. This was the same on other GM parts sites as well.

I've looked and did a lot of searching on these lights that are OEM and not surplus and the best price I've found so far is from gmpartsheadquarters.com at $574.59 for the 23130716 (passenger) and $638.79 for the 23130715 (drivers). I don't know why the drivers side is more. This was the same on other GM parts sites as well.

Thanks! I pretty much prepared myself for the pricetag, but you never know. Been waiting to do this like everyone else with the SLE, now that its possible, done waiting, time to finally do it!

Thanks! I pretty much prepared myself for the pricetag, but you never know. Been waiting to do this like everyone else with the SLE, now that its possible, done waiting, time to finally do it!

I'm with you bud!

Did you get your headlights?

Will do. I called about my headlight order and some third world answering service told me it should generate a tracking number by the end of day tomorrow. Said if the order reached the warehouse it was in stock but he didn't check anything. Just trying to satisfy my call was all he was doing. I will call y'all Wednesday and make sure you have me one before cancelling that order. I'm sure they are out of stock and that's why it is pending. We will see.

Did you get your headlights?

Well, yes. And it is definitely a factory OEM surplus light. However, shitty packaging by the warehouse caused a mounting tab to snap off in shipping. Light was brand spanking new and they had one piece of bubble wrap on it in a flimsy box barely taped closed. It was just rattling around in there and one of the mounting tabs snapped off. I put in a damage claim, but not sure what to do as they are out of stock. They only shipped me the passenger side because they were out of stock on drivers side. They canceled my order on that one.

I was ordering the drivers side from Gen5, but a coworker of mine husband rebuilds trucks and he found me a drivers side light for 350. So all I have to do is figure out what to do with this passenger light. May just end up trying to repair broken tab. I see where some parts places have done mounting tab repairs on some eBay lights. I may look into how they repaired them.

This happened to me yesterday......anyone have any better ideas on where to order some?

Dear Mr./Ms. Allen,

We regret to inform you that we are "out of stock" on the product(s) you ordered.

Part(s) Detail

Headlight

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY, HALOGEN, CLEAR LENS

This Headlight is DOT and SAE Approved and made from high grade materials.

Sierra 1500 SL

Price: $ 290.21

Qty: 1.00

Part #: SLG100101

Headlight

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY, HALOGEN, CLEAR LENS

This Headlight is DOT and SAE Approved and made from high grade materials.

Sierra 1500 SL

Price: $ 293.53

Qty: 1.00

Part #: SLG100102

Sub Total: $583.74

Discount: $100.00

Shipping: $0.00

Handling: $0.00

Tax: $0.00

Core: $0.00

Total: $483.74

Update on damage claim. Due to out of stock, I was issued a full refund and allowed to keep the light. Little plastic weld and she's good to go. Oh, and the light is an OEM GM tagged light. Has label with part number and all.

Edited by whodatfan

Update on damage claim. Due to out of stock, I was issued a full refund and allowed to keep the light. Little plastic weld and she's good to go. Oh, and the light is an OEM GM tagged light. Has label with part number and all.

The light was OEM surplus and the tab was probably broken before carparts even got it and wasn't damaged in shipping. There are several surplus lights on ebay and several have broken tabs. That's the gamble with surplus parts. There are reasons for parts deemed surplus. Either they never made it to the assembly line because of a flaw, imperfection, design change etc. and some parts that had an issue were taken off of vehicles before the vehicles left the plant. It's kind of pot luck when you get surplus parts. Some may be ok but some not. Depending on how picky someone is and the purpose of how the part will be used. GM crates all these parts up and sells them as surplus. A good bit cheaper but it's a chance. I ordered the new OEM (non surplus) lights from gmpartsheadquarters. They had the best price. A little more than surplus but it's a first line product.