Swap 2014 SLE Headlights for SLT w/ LEDs?

Can i use both wiring harnesses together, the fog light one and the SLT modification one? My wife bought me the SLT/ LED harness for our anniversary and now I kinda want to get the other one too now that I saw it. Thanks in advance for your help

GUY's.................. I have done it, well the team @ Legit LED performed this task for me. I went to Legit Led and asked if i bought some GMC Denali led headlight could they wire the up and make them work. I told them to go to this sight and research all the issue with other's not being able to and if they thought they could i was game...... A couple days later Legit LED called me and said "sure no problem, they could easly install the lights". I was amped, so i asked them to order the lights for me and once they received them i would come by. I talked to Legit and they had already assembled the harnest before i arrived. The connections were so proffesionaly installed with connection like the truck has. Not butt connectors or cheasy connections. All wires zipped tied and covered with the wire plastic covering. Here is the most important piece....... THEY WORK AS IF THEY ARE FACTORY........ DAY TIME LED IS ON WITHOUT THE HEADLIGHT, AND WHEN THE SENSOR KICKS ON THE LIGHT FOR NIGHT THEY DIM ( NOW BOTH TOP AND BOTTOM LED'S ARE ON ) AND THE HEADLIGHT KICKS ON.......WOW WOW....... LEGIT LED CAME THROUGH. Now im having they painta nd install custom rear tail light............ I have a 2015 GMC SLE, which i have installed a denali grill and denali headlights giving me that look without the sticker $$$$$ lol. ( Pics are truck off the dealersip lot vs up grades " Grill and headlsghts "......

post-144455-0-51357000-1433574337_thumb.jpg

post-144455-0-27091400-1433574348_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

GUY's.................. I have done it, well the team @ Legit LED performed this task for me. I went to Legit Led and asked if i bought some GMC Denali led headlight could they wire the up and make them work. I told them to go to this sight and research all the issue with other's not being able to and if they thought they could i was game...... A couple days later Legit LED called me and said "sure no problem, they could easly install the lights". I was amped, so i asked them to order the lights for me and once they received them i would come by. I talked to Legit and they had already assembled the harnest before i arrived. The connections were so proffesionaly installed with connection like the truck has. Not butt connectors or cheasy connections. All wires zipped tied and covered with the wire plastic covering. Here is the most important piece....... THEY WORK AS IF THEY ARE FACTORY........ DAY TIME LED IS ON WITHOUT THE HEADLIGHT, AND WHEN THE SENSOR KICKS ON THE LIGHT FOR NIGHT THEY DIM ( NOW BOTH TOP AND BOTTOM LED'S ARE ON ) AND THE HEADLIGHT KICKS ON.......WOW WOW....... LEGIT LED CAME THROUGH. Now im having they painta nd install custom rear tail light............ I have a 2015 GMC SLE, which i have installed a denali grill and denali headlights giving me that look without the sticker $$$$$ lol. ( Pics are truck off the dealersip lot vs up grades " Grill and headlsghts "......

Nice. The harness from Gen5 is professional made as well all in wire loom. It plugs in and works as it should (no more headlights on during the day) plus an extra little feature when you use the keyless entry remote. I have my harness all zip tied as well running under the radiator shroud cover and looks as nice as you can get.

Can i use both wiring harnesses together, the fog light one and the SLT modification one? My wife bought me the SLT/ LED harness for our anniversary and now I kinda want to get the other one too now that I saw it. Thanks in advance for your help

Get a hold of us next week will get you set up, i can make it all in one for you.

Get a hold of us next week will get you set up, i can make it all in one for you.

I already have the one for the headlights, my wife just got it for me last week. I need to get the headlights though, I just dont have enough cash for it right this minute

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. The harness from Gen5 is professional made as well all in wire loom. It plugs in and works as it should (no more headlights on during the day) plus an extra little feature when you use the keyless entry remote. I have my harness all zip tied as well running under the radiator shroud cover and looks as nice as you can get.

Please answer this question for me.... I've been reading through all the posts trying to figure out if I need to order 1 harness or 2??? is it 1 per headlight or does the harness take care of both sides?

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible to have the LEDs be full powered when the headlights kick on? instead of half-power?

Probably could but no really there's no need. Top and bottom LED's on low power are bright enough at night. The bottom LED's on high is designed as DRL's and the purpose is to be seen during the day. Bottom LED on high power at night serves no purpose because the LED's aren't designed to project and give you more light for driving plus, they may be too bright for oncoming traffic so really there's no advantage to you. I'll try to take a pic of the top and bottom on low at night and post it.