Price paid?

I did a lot of research on line before committing to purchasing the truck. As I mentioned, I was tired and did not push for a lower price other than the initial price they reduced. The price of the truck was $53,245 including the destination charge. The sticker then shows $1,000 SLT crew cab value package discount for a total price of $52,245.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the process to build the GM points total that high (CC spending?) and how long does that take? I've heard about "Top Offs" but not sure what that is. This was my first truck and wasnt fully commited to GM until the last 2 weeks of research so i'm not sure it would've been obvious to get GM card but it nearly doubles some people rebates....good deal. Wife about killed me reseaching this stuff to death for couple months, guess i missed a little nugget in GM points.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the GM card since the 90's. Therefore, I do not have any restrictions. To be honest, I seldom use the card until last year (2012) when I decided it was time to take the plunge. I was able to build over $1,000 in less of a one year period.

I don't post a lot but I've been a member for a while.

Dealer finally has a Denali on the lot. They made the following offer on a lease.

$55120 MSRP (dest incl.)

$51712 dealer price

$50262 after $1450 in rebates/incentives.

That is their price.

I think there is more room to work. BUT!! GM raised the base price $1500 since some of you made your deal and they have really reduced the rebates/incentives. Some other numbers I saw on the printout are:

$51767 Invoice (dest incl.)

$49374 total less holdback and approx wholesale finance credit

$49371 employee price

$51376 Supplier

ACT 237 H/B 261 1620 Dealer IMR 540.25 ADV 261

I'm not trying to put them out of business. Just looking for a fair price. Any input or knowledge of the numbers I posted would be helpful. Tks.

I don't post a lot but I've been a member for a while.

Dealer finally has a Denali on the lot. They made the following offer on a lease.

$55120 MSRP (dest incl.)

$51712 dealer price

$50262 after $1450 in rebates/incentives.

That is their price.

I think there is more room to work. BUT!! GM raised the base price $1500 since some of you made your deal and they have really reduced the rebates/incentives. Some other numbers I saw on the printout are:

$51767 Invoice (dest incl.)

$49374 total less holdback and approx wholesale finance credit

$49371 employee price

$51376 Supplier

ACT 237 H/B 261 1620 Dealer IMR 540.25 ADV 261

I'm not trying to put them out of business. Just looking for a fair price. Any input or knowledge of the numbers I posted would be helpful. Tks.

Oops

Mine is an SLT Z71 4X4 with all the options except the video entertainment system. MSRP is around $52,000. he dealer brought the price down to $47 and change. Then subtract $6,962 in rebates. After the incentives and rebates, the final price the truck was sold for was $41, 782.85. This does not include the trade in.

how was there that much in rebates on a loaded SLT? all the high rebates I see are for the sle V6 trucks. my denali is $52,630 Msrp. Im hoping to get it for around $46,000. only $750 in savings out there now. totally sucks. ordered in October. and lost my ass on incentives having the truck on delay

I drove 3.5 hours to South Houston because that was the only dealership coming off almost $8k, my local dealer would only come off $1500

Purchased mine on December 31st. MSRP $47,680 for $37,641 plus TT using a friends GM employee discount that had to be used by Jan. 2. Loaded LTZ 2-wheel. Great ride and price.

Post a pic of the bill of sale, I call bullshit

So the employee discount (actual EMPLOYEE, not supplier) is supposedly kind of hairy. I researched this a bit and it supposedly is heavily enforced to just Family only, as in, GM checks up on this and makes employees pay back the money if it's a fraudulent use of the code. So even if he/she got the EMPLOYEE price on the invoice (think it's like a straight 4% under invoice), its not very smart to parade it around at a forum that GM cust. serv. people actively monitor. The buddy must be willing to stick his neck out, assuming it really was the employee discount.

Not bullshit, I bought my truck Nov 26th with 47,2XX sticker and paid $37,500 plus TTL. Houston Texas, from Parkway Chevrolet

I'm not sure what discounts I had/used. I don't care about them, I negotiated the price of the truck for three days and finally got it to where I needed to be.

So the employee discount (actual EMPLOYEE, not supplier) is supposedly kind of hairy. I researched this a bit and it supposedly is heavily enforced to just Family only, as in, GM checks up on this and makes employees pay back the money if it's a fraudulent use of the code. So even if he/she got the EMPLOYEE price on the invoice (think it's like a straight 4% under invoice), its not very smart to parade it around at a forum that GM cust. serv. people actively monitor. The buddy must be willing to stick his neck out, assuming it really was the employee discount.

My dealership gave me employee pricing and I'm neither employee, friend, or family. I also got employee pricing on my 2012 Sierra 2500HD. Also to note that they use the term employee pricing when you belong to a credit union. Most credit unions have partnerships with GM and other auto makers so that they can get the financing thru the credit union, and giving the buyer a standard discount such as employee or GM credit union member.

Tapatalk via Moto X

My dealership gave me employee pricing and I'm neither employee, friend, or family. I also got employee pricing on my 2012 Sierra 2500HD. Also to note that they use the term employee pricing when you belong to a credit union. Most credit unions have partnerships with GM and other auto makers so that they can get the financing thru the credit union, and giving the buyer a standard discount such as employee or GM credit union member. Tapatalk via Moto X

From my understanding they changed this program in October of 2013 to be more "straightforward". I'm referring to the EMPLOYEE line on the right side, middle of page on the invoice (post 10/13 invoice). If you do the math its a straight 4% under invoice. Considering holdback is 3% of invoice, I'd say either you're dealer is really awesome and loses money on you, or there is confusion in this term. There are two levels of packaged pricing: SUPPLIER & EMPLOYEE pricing. SUPPLIER is quite easy to get through work/credit union affiliations or even costco sometimes; it basically equates to invoice price+$150. EMPLOYEE is strictly for employees and their extended family. Both of these preferred pricing mechanisms are obtained by using a code generated from GM. To qualify for the number on the invoice that says EMPLOYEE or SUPPLIER, the dealer verifies this code/certificate with GM and you apply rebates, pay, and go on your merry way. The way I understand it, GM gives out employee or supplier pricing codes. Dealers can sell at whatever price they want, but they aren't authorized to give out these certificates, only to accept them.

SUPPLIER: https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-vpp/

EMPLOYEE: https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-vpp/

If your dealer is giving you 4% under invoice before rebates/ GMpoints I'd like to know their name because i'll probably go buy from them on my next vehicle :) If I'm wrong I hope someone points me in the right direction but i think true employee pricing is locked down to employees/family only and only a certain number (2?) per year.

Not BS it seems like around the end of December the going rate was about $10k below the sticker price. So probably there are similar ways to get it now.

just paid for mine on Tuesday, wont actually see or have the truck til next Tuesday, I had to use my loan before it expired.

MSRP - $52630

MSRP when I ordered it $51130

price I was given when I ordered it- $49800

so they kept it at $49800 and gave me a really hard time on dealing anything lower on it

so $49800

1250 in rebate/cash

$48550

and then they added another $750 because we were about to walk out.

came to 47800. plus $499 dealer fee, taxes and title fees...

wasn't thrilled about the price seeing some of the other prices paid. wouldn't tell me what supplier price was, wouldn't tell me what invoice price was, all they said was that they were pretty sure I was getting a better deal than supplier already. Prob wont be back to buy my next GMC from them

Archived