Ordering Tomorrow And Need Help

My first post. Looking at ordering a new 2014 GMC Sierra. I was going through the order earlier today and I am having trouble deciding on a couple of things.

1. Was going to get an SLT but was a little pricey so I changed my mind and went to an SLE.

2. I found that with the options I really want (auto-dimming rear view and LED signature Lights) are only available with the All Terrain package when you are dealing with SLE. Also love the 20" All Terrain rims.

3. I priced all of that out and was happy and ready to pull the trigger.

Now the issue that stopped me and made me have them wait until tomorrow.

1. Navigation not available with All Terrain package. (Can live with this.....but dumb)

2. The color I want (BLUE) is not available via the All Terrain package. (Also dumb)

3. The rear body colored bumper does not have the step. (I learned that you can go back to chrome for no charge to get the step back)

4. I don't really need any of the off road stuff that the All Terrain package includes.

5. Forgoing All Terrain is not an option as I must have the LED lighting.

Questions:

1. Does anyone have a photo of the All Terrain with Chrome bumpers? I have not seen one in Real Life or pictures online. I am worried that removing the chrome from the grill would make the chrome bumper look out of place. I wish I could choose to leave the chrome grill to, but that is not an option.

2. Does anyone have pictures of all terrain package in white? I think I would like the look of this but again not sure about the white grill with chrome bumpers.

3. What would you do? Upgrading to SLT would cost more then 3k and would really only give me leather, but would include all of the options that I want without having to go All Terrain.

4. Does the All Terrain come with Bose by default? I cannot find the bose option anywhere but the one I saw on the lot was an SLE All Terrain and it had Bose.

Thanks for any help or opinions that you can offer.

Are you leasing or buying? I have leased the 2014 SLT 1500 black on black with the premium package and sound system, all leather for $428 a month for 48 months 10k m/yr, they gave me $1,500 for my 99 f-150 and I put $1k down. I don't mind the low mileage because I'm planing on buying the car by the end of the lease anyway but at least I'm paying low payment right now

My dad bought a all terain in diamond white with the crome bumpers a week before mine. I'm going to his house tomorrow morning so I'll take a pic. Can someone please tell me how to post videos and pictures on here though? I have a video of my exhaust now that a few people on here are bugging me to hear and I still need to get a picture of my truck on here.

I'm also in Canada and have a Sierra SLT All Terrain on order which is black and has the chrome bumpers with the steps.. I went with the chrome because the paint dept. guy told me all they do everyday is repaint painted bumpers that have stone chips and that chrome is more durable and doesn't chip.. Also because my 2006 Sierra has chrome bumpers with zero stone chips or blemishes and also looks great.

Like mentioned before I agree that you should take the plunge an get the SLT, otherwise you'll just wished you did..

Order soon, my truck was just built this week and I ordered it 6 weeks ago and have 3-4 weeks yet till it gets here up in the north country.. The wait is the hardest part.

order the SLT..

I'm also in Canada and have a Sierra SLT All Terrain on order which is black and has the chrome bumpers with the steps.. I went with the chrome because the paint dept. guy told me all they do everyday is repaint painted bumpers that have stone chips and that chrome is more durable and doesn't chip.. Also because my 2006 Sierra has chrome bumpers with zero stone chips or blemishes and also looks great.

Like mentioned before I agree that you should take the plunge an get the SLT, otherwise you'll just wished you did..

Order soon, my truck was just built this week and I ordered it 6 weeks ago and have 3-4 weeks yet till it gets here up in the north country.. The wait is the hardest part.

order the SLT..

Chrome isn't "more durable" than paint - its not a fair comparison, the chrome bumpers are chrome plated, not painted, the chrome is literally PART of the bumper so of course it isn't going to chip it off. What it CAN do (and may do - only time will tell) is rot, corrode, oxidize over time - and a painted bumper would be better protection from that. Being in snow country w/ salted roads is what will cause this to happen prematurely.

I think it is all preference, but particularly on a black truck w/ a blacked out grill I think the body colored bumpers look like they belong on the truck more.

Going to the dealership shortly. I think I've decided what I am going to go. Going to go SLT without the All Terrain package.

1. My wife seems to really like the side steps.

2. I really like Blue.

3. I really like Nav.

4. I really like Leather

I pay GM employee price so the numbers are probably not the same as everyone elses, but I found that br removing the SLT preferred package and adding the side bars and Bose seperately that I could save another $1200 on the SLT by going with the regular SLT 18" rims instead of the 20"

So.......the SLT without All Terrain works out to $3k more now then the SLE with All Terrain. For the extra $3k I get leather, heated and cooled seats, NAV, heated steering wheel, and the color that I want and the bumpers that my wife wants. For the extra 3k.......it's worth it.

It sounds like you have determined what way you want to go (I'm in that boat myself). I just wanted to point out that if you build a truck on the GMC website with the All Terrain package, and then select the chrome bumper package, it will update the pic to show what it would look like with this package.

I'm just curious about your statement regarding the nav option not being available with the All Terrain package. The website let's you build one this way. Did the dealership tell you this wan't available?

Thanks

Going to the dealership shortly. I think I've decided what I am going to go. Going to go SLT without the All Terrain package.

2. I really like Blue.

3. I really like Nav.

4. I really like Leather

I pay GM employee price so the numbers are probably not the same as everyone elses, but I found that br removing the SLT preferred package and adding the side bars and Bose seperately that I could save another $1200 on the SLT by going with the regular SLT 18" rims instead of the 20"

So.......the SLT without All Terrain works out to $3k more now then the SLE with All Terrain. For the extra $3k I get leather, heated and cooled seats, NAV, heated steering wheel, and the color that I want and the bumpers that my wife wants. For the extra 3k.......it's worth it.

Nice, make sure to get pics :-)

It sounds like you have determined what way you want to go (I'm in that boat myself). I just wanted to point out that if you build a truck on the GMC website with the All Terrain package, and then select the chrome bumper package, it will update the pic to show what it would look like with this package.

I'm just curious about your statement regarding the nav option not being available with the All Terrain package. The website let's you build one this way. Did the dealership tell you this wan't available?

Thanks

Yes. It is available in the All Terrain package with an SLT only. I'm not sure why......I am in Canada so it is posssible that it is different in the US. Also.....something I learned while looking at all the different systems, is the bose systm on the SLE All Terrain is not the same as the SLT one. The SLT one adds a sub and is of higher quality.

2. I really like Blue.

3. I really like Nav.

4. I really like Leather

Get the SLT, you will regret it of you don't. Even just minor things like the headlights on anything below an SLT do not have the LED light bars in them. Also I think the SLT All Terrain is the only one with the sweet 20" wheels, the ultra bright machined aluminum ones.

If you do get the chrome bumpers with the AT... just make sure you get both front and back chrome. I have seen where some people just get the rear chrome.. so they can have the bumper step. Looks like crap.

As for color coded or chrome... pros and cons. Color coded may look a little better (IMO).. but it will get more paint / rock chips up front. You won't get this with Chrome.

Archived