Single cab short box acceleration

Here's quick video I made of the acceleration of my single cab short box with the 5.3 and 3.08 rear end. It wasn't the greatest launch and I did a 6.4 in this video but my best to date is a 6.1 (I use a dashdaq). Also don't forget to turn on high quality as it will also give you the sound of the muffler delete in cab.

Thanks for sharing! Makes me wish I could pull the trigger on a new one right now but I figure the soonest I'll be able to buy is this time next year if not 2015 unfortunately.

I do like you acknowledge that the majority of us still use a needlessly complex distance/speed measurement system though. :lol:

3.42's you'd be around 5.5, and probably more like 5.3 w/ 3.73

I plan on getting 3.73's when someone totals a truck that has the axles that fit them. I'm not going too wild with this truck, my goal is to get it around 375-390 whp and just drive and enjoy it. These trucks lay down 325whp with just e47 in the tank so getting an extra 50-60 whp should be fairly easy once they start coming out with cams and longtubes. I may add a 150 shot just to have when someone pulls up beside me in a modded ecoboost, but still not sure on that. For now I just want to get my intune and intake installed and enjoy the truck. With the tuner I have no doubt I can get it into the mid to high 5's. Direct injection is really going to make getting safe and consistent power easy with these engines.

Archived