"Scorpion" Brand Spray-In Bed Liner ??

I've been looking at having a spray in bed liner installed in my new (to me) truck. It isn't a real everyday worker.... just the standard weekend diy'er stuff.

Locally I have access to the "Scorpion" and "Vortex" branded products applied for around the $550'ish range (over the bed rails). Within an hours drive I also have access to most all the others..... LineX, Speed Liner & Rhino. But these are slightly less desirable if they required over night need of the truck, as it would cost that much more in gas and travel time expences!

So my question basically is..... does anyone have experiance with the "Scorpion" branded product? I visited the local shop (Long standing local car dealer) that installes it and they showed me current trucks that were recieving the installation, both in prep and just sprayed stages. It looks good.... nice texture, 1/8 +/- thickness, UV stable and lifetime warranty. They wanted $545 + tax to install, they like the truck for 48 hours for propper prep, spray and dry time (this time of year). I also have a 10% coupon for labor & parts (I recieved when I purchased).... that I wouldn't mention until I was ready to pay!

Future plans for the truck are towing a 5th wheel camper, and continued weekend diy projects....

Thanks for any and all input!!

Matt (MustBeNice)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about the Scorpion or Vortex spray-in bed liners. I have the Line-X bed liner in my truck. Line-X is a nation-wide brand and will honor their warranty at any Line-X shop. I recommend that you check them out. Give them a call to see if they need your truck overnight or not. My first truck that I had sprayed they needed it a half day. I made the appt, got there first thing in the morning and it was done by noon. I just had to hang around for a few hours. On my current truck the dealer got it sprayed for me before I picked it up.

Matt,

I went with Line-X for our new '13 due to the nationwide warranty! Our last truck we had the dealer take it in, and they went to a place that "sprays the same product as Line-X with a lifetime warranty". Well, less than 3 yrs after the truck purchase, that bed liner dealer closed it's doors!!! Luckily I never had an issue before we traded the '10 in on our '13 two months ago.

Another dealer issue: Local truck accessory store sprayed Permatex about 8 yrs ago. They now spray the Qwik Liner brand. Luckily I never had them spray the Permatex on anything!

Only other brand I would consider is Rhino Liner due to the lifetime warranty! Pros and Cons of each brand so it is a tough decision if both are nearby.

Good luck deciding!

Chris

I just talked with Scorpion at SEMA. Looks like a decent product. I may try it out in my truck

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

After reading many, many reviews, videos...... and quoted prices, I think I may just as well go with the highly recommended Line-X liner. From what I have found searrching reviews / forums online, the question is fequesntly asked (similar to mine)... "Liner ____ vs. Line-X", and the number one responce with rave reviews is "Line-X" vs. any of it's competiotion. Not to mention the technical specs and application process.

Anyways, I recieved these Quotes:

Scorpion @ $545 + tax, need truck for 2 days (prep, spray & cure). Warrenty = Only through local dealer while in business.

Line-X @ $535 + tax, need truck for 1/2 a day (prep, spray & cure). Warrenty = Nation wide & any dealer.

So, I'm thinking.... even though it's an hours drive each way (in Fargo, ND) to hve installed, I think I'll go Line-X. Sounds like a good waste of a vacation day! As every thing I've read states "I'm happy with my Line-X"..... I'm guessing I will be too. Now I just have to schedule an appointment, as they stated they were running about 2 weeks lead time for an appointment!

Here is what I noticed, I got to hold Scorpions material yesterday. It is more non skid than Line-X. It also has better UV protection. The guys at Scorpion are nice guys.

I would agree that the Scorpion guy I talked to was also super nice.... but the man and his product are two different things.

The product too looked great..... but I want a solid garuntee it will hold up and not peel off.

I hate deciding..... maybe I should just go Dual Liner :idiot:

Here is an interesting link I found while searching the subject..... not Line-X vs. Scorpion, but rather Rhino thicknesses.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/bedliners-caps-tops-lids/333890-rhino-line-x-thickness-test.html

The warranty would be a deal maker/breaker for me. Although I never had a need to make a claim my Line-x has held up wonderfully. Before I would go with another brand, I would like to see the product after a year or two after it was installed and used/abused.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They all can be DIY. I am thinking about getting my hands on a kit when the show is over and doing it myself with their gun. I have a compressor.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

I stayed with my truck when they did the RhinoLiner...took them about three hours start to finish. I have no regrets on the RhinoLiner...I want to remember mine is their "HardLiner" product. They make about five different versions of their liner...

I wanted a Linex, but the local shops never called me back...

I read some where that Line-X has a $20 or 20% (???) off deal for Military, Fireman & Police.... anyone know if this is true before I ask the dealer I'm going through (and look dumb)?

Archived