2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

9 minutes ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Sorry. Been busy. I returned the under bed notch and ordered the monster notch and front and rear tubs. Going much lower than I first wanted to 

What size tires will you end up with and how low will you be going

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

What size tires will you end up with and how low will you be going

Have not gotten that far. (About tire size) I'm going 6/10 for now since I have the suspension for it already. But maybe next year I'll bag it and be done. 6/10 on a static drop is very low but inconvenient for a daily driver. I am staying w my 22" or replicas. Just not sure what tires I'll run

2 minutes ago, 17gmclowlow said:

Have not gotten that far. (About tire size) I'm going 6/10 for now since I have the suspension for it already. But maybe next year I'll bag it and be done. 6/10 on a static drop is very low but inconvenient for a daily driver. I am staying w my 22" or replicas. Just not sure what tires I'll run

Are you changing the front arms? Because if so id do the whole front setup not    less rubbing in the end

3 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Are you changing the front arms? Because if so id do the whole front setup not    less rubbing in the end

Yes I will be changing the control arms. Even now I have camber that can not be corrected. There are so many options available for these trucks. 

Just now, 17gmclowlow said:

Yes I will be changing the control arms. Even now I have camber that can not be corrected. There are so many options available for these trucks. 

There isnt many.  Im not saying the crappy djm or inez control arms. Im saying the twisted metalworkz arms or black top industries arms. They will change the upperarm mountand upper and lower arms because going that low your wheel will be pushed back into the fender. These arms. Use new mounts and tuck the front wheel in an extra inch

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

There isnt many.  Im not saying the crappy djm or inez control arms. Im saying the twisted metalworkz arms or black top industries arms. They will change the upperarm mountand upper and lower arms because going that low your wheel will be pushed back into the fender. These arms. Use new mounts and tuck the front wheel in an extra inch

I was looking @ reklez. There's is similar to twisted metal works. But I'm leaning towards twisted. More people running them 

Reklez are for 7" plus drop but they are bolt in requiring no modifications.  Twisted metal will work for any height and coilovers but you need to chop off the upper arm mounts and strut bucket and weld in the new

Just picked up the truck 30 minutes ago. Took it for a drive around the neighborhood and it rides good, I am experiencing some rubbing on the liner so I'm going to pull it back over the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Mcgaughys 34270. It rubs like crazy, even going down the road at 20mph with the smallest dip it rubs.

How many rings did you put in the front struts? And yes you lowered the truck 4" in front withba tire thats almost 32" tall. My front tires are a hair over 28"

IMG_20181027_130139_232.jpg

Edited by Nasty

How many rings did you put in the front struts? And yes you lowered the truck 4" in front withba tire thats almost 32" tall. My front tires are a hair over 28"
IMG_20181027_130139_232.thumb.jpg.44009bf1086f67dca224449c68634b37.jpg
I didn't do the install myself. I had a reputable shop do the work so I don't know how many rings they put.

1 minute ago, SirenRed16 said:

I didn't do the install myself. I had a reputable shop do the work so I don't know how many rings they put.

Thats something you should know. You should know everything they did

• Like 1

Thats something you should know. You should know everything they did
I was going to ask those questions but when I got to the shop I forgot to ask as soon as I saw the truck because it just looked so good lol. I'm going to call them right now and ask.