LED Fog Bulbs & Lights

OUSux

VLEDs function like a flood light versus stock which act more like a flash light. Scroll back a page & you'll see the comparison pics I posted.

Rigid's kit, when it comes out, will be the same as Bbowen's custom job (square D2's with adapter plate). Eventually, Vision X will also have a kit, but no telling how far away that'll be and it's unknown if they'll be round or square lights.

So do you know of an amber bulb that will cast more light than the factory? (non flashlight effect)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problem with LED bulbs is you may not know exactly which type of LEDs you're getting.

The first link uses only five 1.5 watt LEDs.. I wouldn't waste your time with those. The second (Plasmaglow) don't list specs. You should probably email the manf for specs before ordering.

So do you know of an amber bulb that will cast more light than the factory? (non flashlight effect)

No, I had HID fogs, which were crazy bright. I switched to the VLEDs b/c I wanted the looks more than output. Haven't researched any other fogs.

Forgot the second link- https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/rigid62010.php Also.... Does any manufacturer make a bright (higher lumen) yellow (true fog color) led bulb to plug in play in Our factory fog lights? Running 5000k white 5202 VLEDS, looking for something a little different....

the difference in those Rigid lights is the first has 1800 lumens. The second has 3400 lumens. The higher that number the brighter the light is. That appears to be the only difference. From what I can tell these are the only LED lights I have seen that should fit in the factory opening with no cutting. You would have to make a mounting bracket of some sort though. Ive seen a Dodge with these lights installed into the factory 4" opening and it looked good.

Forgot the second link- https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/rigid62010.php Also.... Does any manufacturer make a bright (higher lumen) yellow (true fog color) led bulb to plug in play in Our factory fog lights? Running 5000k white 5202 VLEDS, looking for something a little different....

the difference in those Rigid lights is the first has 1800 lumens. The second has 3400 lumens. The higher that number the brighter the light is. That appears to be the only difference. From what I can tell these are the only LED lights I have seen that should fit in the factory opening with no cutting. You would have to make a mounting bracket of some sort though. Ive seen a Dodge with these lights installed into the factory 4" opening and it looked good.

But what is odd is why does the less bright light shine farther?

But what is odd is why does the less bright light shine farther?

Lumen is a measure of raw light output only. How that light is aimed/focused greatly influences the overall performance of the bulbs/LEDs.

(for future reference in case anyone else considers these)
HYBRID R-PLUS PAR 36 LAMP RETROFIT KIT 40W 3400 LUMEN LANDING LIGHT
  • Landing
  • 4x5x5
  • 11oz
  • 40 Watts 2.7 AMP Draw
  • 4 LEDs
  • 3400 Raw Lumens
  • 390 Lux at 10m
  • 400 Beam Distance
  • 39000 Peak Beam Intensity
    • 25,000 Hour Lifespan
    • Runs on 9 to 36 Volts
    • Non polarity sensitive (Stainless screw on terminals)
    • IP68 Certified
    • Lightweight Cast Magnesium Housing
    • Gore Pressure Equalization
    • Extremely Durable Polycarbonate Lens
    • Durable UV Resistant Powdercoat
    • Integrated Thermal Management
    • DO-160 Compliant
    • Over/Under Volt - age Protection
    • Quantity:
      $208.99/ea
      PAR 36 direct replacement. Using Rigid Industries Patented optics, with Cree or Osram LED's our PAR 36 replacements project light over 2x the distance of the nearest competitor. With versatile 9-36v DC input, patent pending heatsink and diffuser options the choice is clear. US made landing light.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/rigid62110.php

HYBRID RS PAR 36 LAMP RETROFIT KIT 40W 1800 LUMEN LANDING

• Landing
  • 4x5x5
  • 11oz
  • 23 Watts 1.6 AMP Draw
  • 4 LEDs
  • 1800 Raw Lumens
  • 460 Lux at 10m
  • 428 Beam Distance
  • 46000 Peak Beam Intensity
    • 25,000 Hour Lifespan
    • Runs on 9 to 36 Volts
    • Non polarity sensitive (Stainless screw on terminals)
    • IP68 Certified
    • Lightweight Cast Magnesium Housing
    • Gore Pressure Equalization
    • Extremely Durable Polycarbonate Lens
    • Durable UV Resistant Powdercoat
    • Integrated Thermal Management
    • DO-160 Compliant
    • Over/Under Volt - age Protection

PAR 36 direct replacement. Using Rigid Industries Patented optics, with Cree or Osram LED's our PAR 36 replacements project light over 2x the distance of the nearest competitor. With versatile 9-36v DC input, patent pending heatsink and diffuser options the choice is clear. US made landing light.

Quantity:
    $142.49/ea
    2vxkqv9.jpg

Here is the thing with bright LED fog lights...

You can't use them driving around town.. they are too bright. So if you can only use them out in the woods for example.. what is the point to getting them unless you can use them with your hi beams?

You will want to use your hi beams when you are out in the woods... I think most agree. If you can't use the new LED lights you just got... it's pointless...IMO

I do what some real bright Fog lights... but it doesn't make sense unless we can figure out how to use with our hi beams...

Here is the thing with bright LED fog lights...

You can't use them driving around town.. they are too bright. So if you can only use them out in the woods for example.. what is the point to getting them unless you can use them with your hi beams?

You will want to use your hi beams when you are out in the woods... I think most agree. If you can't use the new LED lights you just got... it's pointless...IMO

I do what some real bright Fog lights... but it doesn't make sense unless we can figure out how to use with our hi beams...

My LED fogs are brighter then what my high beams are so it works out good. But mine are set up with off road lights and that is what I use them for. For some people it would be nice to use your fogs and high beams but in my case it really doesn't matter. It all depends on what you want to use your lights for.

Just found these on ebay. I'm guessing their custom made deals but sitting next to the Rigid box it's kind of misleading. If they WERE made by rigid the $100 price tag would seem more reasonable imo

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221368642363?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Those are the mounts from Rigid. I've been watching their web site but not on their yet. Looks close to what I did. For a hundred bucks thats not to bad. You will still have to do cutting to your fog light housings.

Isn't it cheaper if you buy them separate? Save a little over $100

will those draw too many watts or hurt anything?

I would think Rigid LED's would draw less

Archived