How to know what size tires will fit?

How do you tell what size tires will fit on your truck without test fitting them? I currently run 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers but want to get GoodYear Duratracs. They don't make that exact size. The tire shop by me can order them but don't have them in stock. How do I know which tires to order that will fit my truck?

Pic with Nittos. I don't think I want to go wider but I don't want to be too skinny either.

IMG_20130615_175531_787_zpsc0c736d9.jpg

315/70R17 will be a little taller and wider. But it is the closest youre going to get unless you go to something like a 285/70R17

Those 2 are your options with the Duratrac with a 17"

If that size isn't what you want, there are lots of other options for tires. That aren't Goodyears. :)

I have 305/70/17 nitto terra grapplers right now. They're boring as hell but I want a different tire. I do a lot of driving so not a mud terrain. They don't seem to make much in a 305. I'll probably just go down to a 285. I was just worried I'd lose a little height of my truck going to a smaller tire. I'll lose about an inch in overall truck height, right?

• 8 months later...

Archived