http://blackbearperformance.com/IntakeTestResults_2016.asp

their numbers seem VERY low. Look at hennessey's theirs seem more on point

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

Yeah, no $hit...

I knew that. My point is those numbers are WAYYYYYYYYY off where they should be...

exactly, those numbers make me not buy the results of the entire test. Hennessey had 363hp stock which is a lot more believable to me.

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

Instagram @wildchevys

I went with the Volant CAI on my '17 Sierra. The install was straightforward. All parts were of high quality, and fit and finish were well above average. The performance gains were pretty noticeable. I followed the instructions and disconnected the battery, to erase the PCM memory. The sound is nice. I am going to purchase the latest Diablosport tuner to work with my '17.

post-123983-0-37313200-1506126614_thumb.jpg

I have seen many bone stock 5.3's put out more RWHP than that Yukon. Typically, most GM truck's drivelines zap 50-60HP from the net ratings published from GM.

exactly, about 15-20%, not over 30%

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

Instagram @wildchevys

Edited by wildchevys

aFe Intake System - Momentum GT (51-74104)

anyone put that cai on their truck yet? whats the noise level like? is it a lot louder than stock? i was planning on getting the Airaid Jr MIT plus an AFE dry filter. but this whole kit is only $150 more. i wonder if its worth the extra money. I'm also planning on getting the Magnaflow 12909 muffler. any advice would be great. also i am really not interested in getting a tune yet for the truck. concerned with the warranty on that.

I'm looking at doing these two things to try and get 1-2MPG increase.

anyone put that cai on their truck yet? whats the noise level like? is it a lot louder than stock? i was planning on getting the Airaid Jr MIT plus an AFE dry filter. but this whole kit is only $150 more. i wonder if its worth the extra money. I'm also planning on getting the Magnaflow 12909 muffler. any advice would be great. also i am really not interested in getting a tune yet for the truck. concerned with the warranty on that.

I'm looking at doing these two things to try and get 1-2MPG increase.

The full intake will net more HP gain and overall performance than the airaid.

I ran a similar set up on my truck, then went with a full CAI and it made a much bigger difference. Worth the extra money. Wish i would have just gone with the full cold air intake from the beginning.

It's louder than the airaid (you wont hear much from that because it's just a tube). but if you plan on tuning, it will be more than worth it in the end.

• Like 1

I have seen many bone stock 5.3's put out more RWHP than that Yukon. Typically, most GM truck's drivelines zap 50-60HP from the net ratings published from GM.

Yukon Denali could have been AWD vs RWD, which would make sense for a tad more loss. But not that much, i agree.

Also i dont know where the tests were performed. I thought blackbear was out of san diego, but they may not be.

Can anyone provide a link to the hennesey tests?

The full intake will net more HP gain and overall performance than the airaid.

I ran a similar set up on my truck, then went with a full CAI and it made a much bigger difference. Worth the extra money. Wish i would have just gone with the full cold air intake from the beginning.

It's louder than the airaid (you wont hear much from that because it's just a tube). but if you plan on tuning, it will be more than worth it in the end.

so you think it will be ok to put the full intake without doing the tune right away? do i need to disconnect the battery when installing it?

is this noticeably louder than stock? on their site they say the sound level is low (2 out of 5)

Edited by mayfieldjeff

Yukon Denali could have been AWD vs RWD, which would make sense for a tad more loss. But not that much, i agree.

Also i dont know where the tests were performed. I thought blackbear was out of san diego, but they may not be.

Can anyone provide a link to the hennesey tests?

the 2015 and up denali’s are NOT AWD......

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/chevrolet-2/silverado/2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-6-2l-v8-di/2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-6-2l-v8-di-hpe650-supercharged-upgrade/

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

Instagram @wildchevys

Edited by wildchevys

so you think it will be ok to put the full intake without doing the tune right away? do i need to disconnect the battery when installing it?

is this noticeably louder than stock? on their site they say the sound level is low (2 out of 5)

Yes it will be fine. You'll still see a gain, just not as much as with a tune. My father in law has been running an intake and exhaust on his 6.2 high country for a while now without a tune and it performs just fine.

It is louder than stock, but with the AFE having an enclosure that might muffle some of the sound from it. Mine is open, as is my father in laws, so they're probably a little louder.